Page 34 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice_Pick View Post
    That first number is absolutely irrelevant.

The second number is meaningful, however... With all the panic and sensationalism I have to wonder how many of those hospitalized were really necessary, and how many were panic induced freak-outs.

So many have been brainwashed into thinking that a positive test result is basically a death sentence. I suspect many insist on being admitted, and the hospital's lawyers won't let them say no.

My gut tells me it's a rather large percentage. Particularly because the death-rate is still holding fairly steady.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
    I wasn't bringing up panic attacks yesterday, but actual physical manifestations as a result of the stress from being told, over and over, how bad it is going to be.

https://www.webmd.com/balance/stress...ss-on-the-body

Not saying "all", but if someone can be executed by suggestion (condemned was scratched, told he was bleeding to death, and he complied) I find it hard to believe any other physiological reaction to mental stress is totally off the table.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice_Pick View Post
    That first number is absolutely irrelevant.

The second number is meaningful, however... With all the panic and sensationalism I have to wonder how many of those hospitalized were really necessary, and how many were panic induced freak-outs.

So many have been brainwashed into thinking that a positive test result is basically a death sentence. I suspect many insist on being admitted, and the hospital's lawyers won't let them say no.

My gut tells me it's a rather large percentage. Particularly because the death-rate is still holding fairly steady.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
    Because ER docs burn our limited covid beds randomly for no medically justifiable reason?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
    * World daily deaths are highest ever
    * US daily deaths are highest in 6 months and climbing

Which is disgustingly ominous when you count remdesivir, and convalescent plasma being rapidly available and used...and we still can't get ahead of this thing...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Yes, that seems to be the MO. Sure, some are first-time admits but a lot are ones who went to the ER and got sent home to quarantine, then got shitty within a week.
    I see them getting bad as far out as several weeks. Healthy people who finally cave and come in barely able to walk across the room. People who consider a vaccine an "unknown risk" and covid "a known risk" have a lot more web MD to read.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Which is disgustingly ominous when you count remdesivir, and convalescent plasma being rapidly available and used...and we still can't get ahead of this thing...
    More cases =more deaths in total, but the CFR may be lower due to improved treatments and management. May also be those with a co morbidity make a grater % of this second wave and other factors. Beyond approaches like remdesivir, and convalescent plasma (the latter in very limited supply I'm told), I think it's bordering on medical negligence not to to also employ non toxic, cheap, readily available stuff discussed here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...approaches-etc
    Last edited by WillBrink; 11-22-20 at 08:42.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    CP isn't given until other stuff (like Remdesivir) hasn't worked and you're beginning to become critical. The notes usually read something like "Consider CP if O2 needs continue to increase" or similar. Once again, it is introduced late in the game, sometimes too late. And Remdesivir, since it is given IV, isn't given to people sent home from the ER to quarantine at the house.

Bottom line, how do you keep the ones at home from taking a turn for the worse since the "good stuff" isn't given until you're hospitalized and even one of those (CP) not until they're considering sending you to the CCU or even once you get there? Not sure I have an answer.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I see them getting bad as far out as several weeks. Healthy people who finally cave and come in barely able to walk across the room. People who consider a vaccine an "unknown risk" and covid "a known risk" have a lot more web MD to read.
    So why does mental stress increase the effects of other diseases, but not so much with covid?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Because ER docs burn our limited covid beds randomly for no medically justifiable reason?
    In our hospital ED docs do not have admitting privileges, and with all of their years of experience are bound to the decision-making process of a first year resident from another service who has to take it to their resident who takes it to their resident who takes it to the fellow who takes it to the attending on whether or not someone gets admitted, so we end up holding probable admits in the ED forever.

Feedback Score
    Here in CA, we are on lockdown again and our douchebag governor implemented a 10PM curfew as of last night I think. Almost every sheriff department stated that they will not be enforcing the curfew and people with a stick up their ass because someone else is not wearing a mask should not call them. My favorite restaurant is staying open to full capacity. It’s wonderful going in there and having a drink and dinner like normal with others who DGAF about all this Kung Flu hysteria. I hear that a lot of restaurants are refusing to shut down or close their indoor dining areas. It will take mass civil disobedience for the overlords to realize people are fed up with this communist rule. If people comply, the Govt will keep these restrictions in place for a long time to come.

Page 34 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast