Page 42 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    How about the nurses laid off from their "non-essential" medical jobs?

How about a crash course?

Do you really need 4 years of schooling to cover the majority of tasks a nurse accomplishes with a Covid patient in an ICU?

How are we running out of nurses and not doctors?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Andy
    At this point, there are none laid off from their “non-essential” jobs. If you bothered to read the previous posts, they’ve taken nurses out of administration, education, QI/QA, etc. Hell, there are many CRNAs working as ICU nurses right now.

And again, there is a nursing shortage for nurses of all types; hospital staff are all hands on deck in many areas...including this region.

Do you need four years of education? Certificate programs are two years. But perhaps you could take up education standards with the boards of nursing? But pretend your idea was implemented and you pulled somebody off the street with a quick “crash course”, more than likely they would kill people left and right.

Why isn’t there a shortage of doctors? Well, before this started we had an over-saturation of doctors. But yes, there is now a shortage of doctors as I pointed out previously, just not to the extent of the critical care nurse and RT shortage.

I know you just want to poke holes, but your condescending tone is noted and not appreciated. If you cannot be respectful, do not respond to me and I can add you to the ignore list along with the last two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs up

How about the nurses laid off from their "non-essential" medical jobs?

How about a crash course?

Do you really need 4 years of schooling to cover the majority of tasks a nurse accomplishes with a Covid patient in an ICU?

How are we running out of nurses and not doctors?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Andy

P.S. I am not doubting the challenges in the nursing profession. I am saying in times of crisis, novel solutions have to be considered.
    The laid off nurses are a no brainer and, as you stated, there are always people with various levels of training that may not be all the way there, but good enough to free up someone that is fully trained.

Doesn't seem any worse than mentions of triage or skipping steps on vaccine development and certainly much better than having a college drop out in the role of a recognized expert on disease transmission, treatment, and prevention.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-25-20 at 11:48.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    At this point, there are none laid off from their “non-essential” jobs. If you bothered to read the previous posts, they’ve taken nurses out of administration, education, QI/QA, etc. Hell, there are many CRNAs working as ICU nurses right now.

And again, there is a nursing shortage for nurses of all types; hospital staff are all hands on deck in many areas...including this region.

Do you need four years of education? Certificate programs are two years. But perhaps you could take up education standards with the boards of nursing? But pretend your idea was implemented and you pulled somebody off the street with a quick “crash course”, more than likely they would kill people left and right.

Why isn’t there a shortage of doctors? Well, before this started we had an over-saturation of doctors. But yes, there is now a shortage of doctors as I pointed out previously, just not to the extent of the critical care nurse and RT shortage.

I know you just want to poke holes, but your condescending tone is noted and not appreciated. If you cannot be respectful, do not respond to me and I can add you to the ignore list along with the last two.

Who do you think you are? Ignore me - shan't bother me a bit.

Anyway, you are quoting a post that I completely changed because this discussion has squat to do the restrictions that are not based on medical necessity in the first place.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 11-25-20 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    Who do you think you are? Ignore me - shan't bother me a bit.

Anyway, you are quoting a post that I completely changed because this discussion has squat to do the restrictions that are not based on medical necessity in the first place.

Andy
    Who do you think you are to not only comment, but to suggest directional changes, to an industry which you’re not involved and have, obviously, zero knowledge or expertise?

I don’t care if you changed your post, what I said stands.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Who do you think you are to not only comment, but to suggest directional changes, to an industry which you’re not involved and have, obviously, zero knowledge or expertise?

I don’t care if you changed your post, what I said stands.

Yes I have minimal medical training. News flash - it's just an industry providing a service.

If you cannot attract and train talent during normal times, your industry will perform poorly when stressed. If your industry cannot change to adapt to different circumstances, it will fall short of meeting the customer's expectations.

Andy

P.S. This has nothing to do with lifting politically expedient restrictions.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 11-25-20 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Once COVID is over, this will become the new thing to do whenever there is a bad influenza season, etc.

"For your safety..."

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Once COVID is over, this will become the new thing to do whenever there is a bad influenza season, etc.

"For your safety..."
    Absolutely true.

Feedback Score
    Yes I have minimal medical training. News flash - it's just an industry providing a service.

If you cannot attract and train talent during normal times, your industry will perform poorly when stressed. If your industry cannot change to adapt to different circumstances, it will fall short of meeting the customer's expectations.

Andy

P.S. This has nothing to do with lifting politically expedient restrictions.
    PS you brought it up.

PS blame government.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    PS you brought it up.

PS blame government.

I totally blame the government and us for letting them do what they do.

To be clear, I absolutely admire and respect the folks in the medical community. Doctors of course, but even more so the millions of other health care professionals.

Feedback Score

What is the exit strategy? When do we wipe contact tracing databases? When do we remove all restrictions emplaced since March 2020?

Andy
    Is contract tracing done to any significant degree anymore? Been over 100,000 new cases each day for a while, and has recently ballooned to 200,000. Seems like pretty big numbers to tackle for effective tracing.

Page 42 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast