Page 51 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    With most service industry stuff it is no longer "in person" and that means more outsourcing and fewer employees working longer hours.

Anything food service has been pretty devastated. Anything fast food limited to drive through only means 2/3s of the employees have been let go. Anyone who waited tables probably hasn't worked in the last 6 months.

And everything else, limited hours are the norm. Did your walmart used to be 24 hour? Now they probably close at 10pm or sooner. Anything that used to be open until 9 or 10pm now closes at 6pm.

Suffice to say everyone who ran out and bought a big screen tv with their "covid" check is now probably regretting it unless they are one of those rare "essential workers" in one of the few industries not directly effected.

More people probably lost their jobs in 2020 and we may very likely hit an unemployment rate of 9.9 or higher as we saw in 2009 following the housing market crash. And I don't think another stimulus check is going to be anything more than a band aid on a gushing wound. Maybe that's why the Republicans didn't seem to try very hard to win the election.

Also concerned this could be a "new normal" for the next year or even two. And we thought 9-11 changed things in a big way.
    As long as we ALLOW this crap.

It should be obvious to all (including those who are quick to scream “tin foil”) the mass ****ery. Undoubtedly, many (most?) won’t.

In that case, “enjoy” your new norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Ran across a couple unintentionally funny/ironic news articles on Yahoo, second only to CNN in brain-dead reporting;

"Biden wants 100 days of mask-wearing as one of his first acts in office"
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/among-fir...230313217.html
    ....The president-elect has frequently emphasized mask-wearing as a “patriotic duty" and during the campaign floated the idea of instituting a nationwide mask mandate, which he later acknowledged would be beyond the ability of the president to enforce.

Speaking with CNN's Jake Tapper, Biden said he would make the request of Americans on Inauguration Day, Jan. 20.

“On the first day I'm inaugurated, I'm going to ask the public for 100 days to mask. Just 100 days to mask — not forever, just 100 days. And I think we'll see a significant reduction” in the virus, Biden said....
    Apparently he has been living under a rock... we've been doing the mask thing for way longer than that.
    Also, remember when we needed to shut down everything to 'flatten the curve'... it wasn't going to be forever... but somehow that's mission creeped in "The New Normal"...

"Fauci - The COVID Vaccine will only keep you safe for this long"
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/vacc...141407996.html
    .....Similar to the flu vaccine, vaccinologists have projected that the coronavirus vaccine will require annual shots or booster shots. But, as Fauci told McClatchy, it's not clear whether or not the COVID-19 vaccines will last that long since the virus has only been around in the U.S. since March. "We're less than a year into the disease, so you can't say it lasts more than a year—I mean, that would be impossible," he said. "That doesn't make any sense because no one that we know of that we're following has been infected more than a year."

But data from similar coronaviruses may provide some insight, according to the nation's leading immunologist. In the 2002 SARS outbreak, for example, those who came down with the virus were naturally immune for over a year, though their immunity eventually waned. "So the bottom line is we don't know right now how long it lasts," Fauci said of immunity from the COVID-19 vaccine. "But it likely would last for a full year's cycle.".....
    Well no shit.
    Apparently the magical vaccine isn't so magical. This is just one example, but it's been amusing watching the subtle backtracking across all MSM from "the vaccine will save us all and everyone will be fine!" to "well....it should work, we think...also there may be some unforseen side effects."
    It will be interesting to see how things further unfold with a Biden admin, but one can only wonder whether this also lends some credence to theories of a "never ending vaccine mandate".
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post

Well no shit.
    Apparently the magical vaccine isn't so magical. This is just one example, but it's been amusing watching the subtle backtracking across all MSM from "the vaccine will save us all and everyone will be fine!" to "well....it should work, we think...also there may be some unforseen side effects."
    It will be interesting to see how things further unfold with a Biden admin, but one can only wonder whether this also lends some credence to theories of a "never ending vaccine mandate".
    A lot of vaccines require booster shots. And like the flu I suspect COVID can/will mutate so like the flu, will require an annual vaccine based on the latest strain. But it's absolutely true we have no idea how long immunity will be conferred, only way to tell are serial draws for antibodies. As I understand it, Pfizer already has a pool for this. Yeah, the media has been all over the place about the vaccine.

To me the issue is/has been the newness of it. I will gladly get it, happily get it...when I see how others do with it, over time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post

"Biden wants 100 days of mask-wearing as one of his first acts in office"
    Just what America needs... mask advice from Biden.

Feedback Score
    The BLM riots are a perfect corollary to this covid crap. Covid us killing people, but the Johns Hopkins study shows that there are no more deaths this year than would have been considered "normal" for the year. But thanks to the political theater we have tanked the economy and to some degree our society. Officer Chauvin at the very least contributed to George Floyd's death, but he was on enough fentanyl that he was gonna die THAT DAY whether or not he encountered the police. And Minneapolis burned.

Not to say covid ain't real, just like Chauvin's actions are real. But in reality neither one really would have statistically changed anything without the overreaction brought on by the media, the politicians, and a bunch of activists.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Covid us killing people, but the Johns Hopkins study shows that there are no more deaths this year than would have been considered "normal" for the year.
    Are you are asserting that the CDC data is wrong or that SARS-CoV-2 is not the cause of the excess deaths? In e.g. Texas?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Are you are asserting that the CDC data is wrong or that SARS-CoV-2 is not the cause of the excess deaths? In e.g. Texas?

Correlation doesn't equal causation. The spike in deaths also correlates with the lockdown. People sitting at home, depressed, drinking themselves to death, smoking shitloads of pot, eating McDonalds delivered by Doordash...oh no, that's not a recipe for a public health crisis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Correlation doesn't equal causation. The spike in deaths also correlates with the lockdown. People sitting at home, depressed, drinking themselves to death, smoking shitloads of pot, eating McDonalds delivered by Doordash...oh no, that's not a recipe for a public health crisis.
    While that is a health crisis it doesn't, not even all combined, clog up hospitals. 2 hospitals here are no longer taking emergencies. No place to put them. Nearly all Montgomery County hospitals are full and patients are being diverted! That doesn't happen with McDonald's, pot, and alcohol. Not even with meth and crack thrown in. I'm not sure there is enough pot and McMacs in this state to put that many people in the emergency room for weeks with more waiting right behind.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 12-04-20 at 18:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    While that is a health crisis it doesn't, not even all combined, clog up hospitals. 2 hospitals here are no longer taking emergencies. No place to put them. Nearly all Montgomery County hospitals are full and patients are being diverted! That doesn't happen with McDonald's, pot, and alcohol. Not even with meth and crack thrown in. I'm not sure there is enough pot and McMacs in this state to put that many people in the emergency room for weeks with more waiting right behind.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Exactly!!!

They’ve still got a tent out for triaging and treating emergency patients in the town I work...here’s a photo for the fine gentleman that called me a liar earlier in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    A lot of vaccines require booster shots. And like the flu I suspect COVID can/will mutate so like the flu, will require an annual vaccine based on the latest strain. But it's absolutely true we have no idea how long immunity will be conferred, only way to tell are serial draws for antibodies. As I understand it, Pfizer already has a pool for this. Yeah, the media has been all over the place about the vaccine.

To me the issue is/has been the newness of it. I will gladly get it, happily get it...when I see how others do with it, over time.
    That's exactly where I, and helluva lot of other people, are at regarding the COVID vaccine. "Okay, you go first." "Nah, that's okay, after you". "No really, I insist....."
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 51 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast