Page 52 of 116 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    The issue is that its mandatory. Regardless of whether it works or it doesn't.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The issue is that its mandatory. Regardless of whether it works or it doesn't.
    Very much so.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    While that is a health crisis it doesn't, not even all combined, clog up hospitals. 2 hospitals here are no longer taking emergencies. No place to put them. Nearly all Montgomery County hospitals are full and patients are being diverted! That doesn't happen with McDonald's, pot, and alcohol. Not even with meth and crack thrown in. I'm not sure there is enough pot and McMacs in this state to put that many people in the emergency room for weeks with more waiting right behind.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Granted I haven't been auditing hospitals, but they sold us that line during the height of the pandemic in New York and it turned out the hospitals were practically empty. Remember all the makeshift hospitals they built and the hospital ships offshore, that didn't see one single patient?

Here locally they reported a few weeks ago that the covid ward of the hospital only had one bed left. Turns out the hospital only had 10 covid beds, and 1 was empty. In a giant hospital with like 5 thousand patients, they only had 9 covid patients in the whole place.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Exactly!!!

They’ve still got a tent out for triaging and treating emergency patients in the town I work...here’s a photo for the fine gentleman that called me a liar earlier in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again, I would reference the makeshift hospital they built in central park. They do this stuff for show, to demonstrate to people how serious this is, to scare them. It's not out of necessity.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    That's exactly where I, and helluva lot of other people, are at regarding the COVID vaccine. "Okay, you go first." "Nah, that's okay, after you". "No really, I insist....."
    Seeing as how they're struggling right now with all the obviously false and racist election fraud accusations, I would like to officially donate my dose to the democratic national convention, and I would encourage everyone else to do the same.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Just what America needs... mask advice from Biden.

It's right up there is gun fighting advice.
    "Just get a double barrel shotgun."
    "Blast a couple rounds out of the window."
    "Shoot 'em in the leg."

oh and...

"Cornpop was a bad dude"
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Granted I haven't been auditing hospitals, but they sold us that line during the height of the pandemic in New York and it turned out the hospitals were practically empty. Remember all the makeshift hospitals they built and the hospital ships offshore, that didn't see one single patient?

Here locally they reported a few weeks ago that the covid ward of the hospital only had one bed left. Turns out the hospital only had 10 covid beds, and 1 was empty. In a giant hospital with like 5 thousand patients, they only had 9 covid patients in the whole place.
    I don't think rerouting emergencies is for show

Feedback Score
    Again, I would reference the makeshift hospital they built in central park. They do this stuff for show, to demonstrate to people how serious this is, to scare them. It's not out of necessity.
    Ever work in a hospital? The same day that tent went up our ER had every room full and 36 waiting in the parking lot...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Ever work in a hospital? The same day that tent went up our ER had every room full and 36 waiting in the parking lot...

I don't know man, but it's going to take a lot to convince me at this point. Way too many shenanigans at this point.

ETA: I also know that an average night in the ER could be pretty crazy even before Covid. And I know that lots of hospitals have been making staff cuts.
    Last edited by okie; 12-04-20 at 21:15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know man, but it's going to take a lot to convince me at this point. Way too many shenanigans at this point.

ETA: I also know that an average night in the ER could be pretty crazy even before Covid. And I know that lots of hospitals have been making staff cuts.
    A crazy night in the ER doesn't fill them up for days on end with more waiting. It can be a busy night but those people are leaving in a few hours and new ones aren't in line waiting. Each sick person will stay at least a few days. They take up space. New ones patients are already waiting for a free space. Meanwhile there's the daily emergencies that happen all the time. Because there is no free beds and already a line waiting to take the next available bed there is no room for the typical emergency. If you have 20 beds and 400 people it doesn't matter if yo have 1 doctor or 1000 doctors.

Page 52 of 116 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast