Page 55 of 116 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Okay- read through all 53 pages to get your recommendations. Quoted above.

So- social distance 6’. Check.

Somehow provide proper fit testing And find enough N95 masks for 300 Million people Here in the US and 8 Billion people worldwide. Check.

Eye pro and face shields. Check.

Drive in movie theater. Check.

Slow down congestion. Check.

Sanitize and hand washing.

So tell me again how the above will stop the hospital ER’s from being overwhelmed?

Not enough N95 masks. Now way in hell can we fit test even close to enough people to make a dent. The second a mask is taken off another fit test is needed. Even professionals who fit test everyday get it wrong, a lot.

Drive in movie theaters are all but gone. Not that anyone is really going to movie theaters anyways.

Eye pro and face shields, not enough to go around. Too late to make a dent anyways.

At this point, none of that is possible On a scale to make a difference and none of it will stop the infection rate or overwhelmed hospitals.

I totally 100% agree on the being honest and having facts and educating people position you take and maintaining liberty- letting people choose.

It’s just, this is a virus and there are 8 billion people on the planet. Viruses do what they do.

So-

How long do we wear these paper masks that do very little?

How long do we keep businesses closed and cause massive economic damage to our nation?

How long do we cause damage to young childrenS immune systems who don’t have exposure to bacteria and viruses that strengthen their immune systems?

How long do we cause developmental damage to children?

How long do we cause psychological damage to children and adults alike with all the fear?

The best gift our ancestors gave us is our Genetics and immune systems, living through Countless Corona viruses, flus, plagues, etc.

Vaccines have done wonders for some things and that may be the case for the Rona as well, but that won’t stop nor turn back all of this other damage that’s happening and continues to happen.

I highly doubt the efficacy of these vaccines as being anywhere near 90% effective, or even 60% effective at this point or in the next 5 years time being that effective- not to mention the few years it will take to produce enough to vaccinate everyone, and not everyone will take it anyways.

The hospitals will continue to get overwhelmed. The genie is out of the bottle and Pandora is out of the box.

It’s pushed our population to be even more divided. Politicians are using it for power and control.

I do appreciate your point of view and insights as someone working in a hospital. I agree with a lot of what you’re saying.

The collateral damage from our response to COVID has outpaced the direct physical damage from COVID itself in my opinion.
    It’s like this, we tackle the problem or we accept when your wife’s appendix ruptures she’s going to die. Your kid has an anaphylactic reaction to peanuts, he’s going to die. Your daughter gets t-boned by a drunk, she dies. Society needs to understand this, make the decision, and let the chips fall where they may.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If we accept that 90% of Covid cases in the U.S. are not detected and that the vast majority of deaths in detected Covid cases are older citizens with comorbidities, the restrictions we are willing to live with may change.

At the same time, I don't think many Americans would be comfortable with the Sweden model.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-05-20 at 11:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    It’s like this, we tackle the problem or we accept when your wife’s appendix ruptures she’s going to die. Your kid has an anaphylactic reaction to peanuts, he’s going to die. Your daughter gets t-boned by a drunk, she dies. Society needs to understand this, make the decision, and let the chips fall where they may.

So- what can realistically Be done to stop those things from happening then?

Do you believe it is possible to fit test N95’s for our whole nation with any success?

Can we even get that many N95 masks and people trained to open fitment centers in the first place?

How long would that take and what is the timeline to see a benefit on the front lines for people like you?

I’m asking for what realistic approach we can take to stop this Without curtailing or freedom of choice and liberty in general- no one has come up with one that is viable as yet.

I understand what you’re are saying- but what do YOU believe can reasonably and realistically be done to stop it? Or even slow it enough to make a dent?
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    So- what can realistically Be done to stop those things from happening then?

Do you believe it is possible to fit test N95’s for our whole nation with any success?

Can we even get that many N95 masks and people trained to open fitment centers in the first place?

How long would that take and what is the timeline to see a benefit on the front lines for people like you?

I’m asking for what realistic approach we can take to stop this Without curtailing or freedom of choice and liberty in general- no one has come up with one that is viable as yet.

I understand what you’re are saying- but what do YOU believe can reasonably and realistically be done to stop it? Or even slow it enough to make a dent?
    As far as test-fitting masks, that’s what community health centers are for. How do you eat an elephant?

Start with doing so for those working in high-traffic places such as grocery store employees and clerks, those processing, cooking, delivering, and servicing food. The. Then hit up those in other retail locations. Keep it up from there. My institution fits 2,000 in a few short windows over the course of three days. Within a few weeks many of the high-traffic areas could be done.

Say it’s not possible? Look at the WWII mobilization. Look at how quickly these vaccines were developed.

I still don’t think the “bury your head in the sand” approach will work. I agree, government screwed the pooch and mandates and being deceptive was the wrong call.

The “lock downs” were terrible and part of the reason why we are where we are today. The experts screwed the pooch. Their thinking to stop the surge was correct but went too far and now everybody has had enough and the problems are coming all at once when it could have been controlled through the summer.

Feedback Score
    People aren’t going to use common sense and about the first and second week of a January we are going to be in for a wild ride.

Feedback Score
    Two things about N95 masks, besides the fitting issues previously mentioned:

1) If you think these paper/surgical masks are a pain in the ass, you'll LOVE an N95. They are not made for all-day wear. Life will suck balls if you had to wear one for 8 hours. Hell, even up and moving around a grocery store for your weekly shopping would blow.

2) If you have a beard forget an N95's effectiveness. Since I have one, at work I have to wear a CAPR when I go into COVID rooms. A CAPR for every bearded person in the country or making everyone shave isn't workable either.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    If this estimate is correct, then over 90% of cases are asymptomatic or can be treated at home with OTC meds.
    Even if you don't consider the estimated unknown infections, the hospitalization rate must be pretty low for known cases. In just the last seven days there has been 1.3 million cases reported. Current hospitalizations is at 100k.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 12-05-20 at 13:43.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    As far as test-fitting masks, that’s what community health centers are for. How do you eat an elephant?

Start with doing so for those working in high-traffic places such as grocery store employees and clerks, those processing, cooking, delivering, and servicing food. The. Then hit up those in other retail locations. Keep it up from there. My institution fits 2,000 in a few short windows over the course of three days. Within a few weeks many of the high-traffic areas could be done.

Not taking anything away from your point but the majority of people I see wearing a mask completely wrong are working retail. I've been in stores where the customers seem to be the only people who understand that we breath through both the mouth and nose. Maybe education would help?

I'm not sure fitting masks to people who have zero interest in wearing them correctly is the solution.

I thought we would have more retailers placing plexiglass barriers between customers and cashiers. It makes me feel better at least.

I don't know what the answer is, I just know I am weary of Covid.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Two things about N95 masks, besides the fitting issues previously mentioned:

1) If you think these paper/surgical masks are a pain in the ass, you'll LOVE an N95. They are not made for all-day wear. Life will suck balls if you had to wear one for 8 hours. Hell, even up and moving around a grocery store for your weekly shopping would blow.

2) If you have a beard forget an N95's effectiveness. Since I have one, at work I have to wear a CAPR when I go into COVID rooms. A CAPR for every bearded person in the country or making everyone shave isn't workable either.
    I think at this point we can safely admit that SARS-Cov-2 is not airborne outside of intubation/extinction/BIPAP and that transmission risk is relatively low otherwise for those either transmitting virus or being infected by it. The problem is that the droplets can be passed around or through a surgical mask, but not an N95. Combine that’s with a face shield, and it’s going to be extremely low risk. I know, there are “studies” that say cloth and surgical masks are “just as effective” but if that were to be true we wouldn’t be dealing with it in “mandated” states.

At our institution, there are about 30 bearded physicians, nurses, and RTs that opt not to be clean shaven; some of which have been working on the COVID ICU ward since it opened and we are yet to get an infection. I think if it were truly airborne, unlike all other coronaviruses, we’d see more getting sick or at least being in the group of mythical “asymptomatic positives”.

We have had two patients become symptomatic that had negative tests at admission. Both were in the hospital over 14 days prior to onset of symptoms in units which require patients and staff to wear hospital provided cloth masks or surgical masks. Neither had visitors.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How much does mask fitment actually matter? I mean the majority of people aren't sitting in a broom closet talking to a sick individual for hours on end.

So I'm walking through a supermarket. They have like 30ft ceilings and like 20k sq ft! We all walk by each other in a matter of seconds while not necessarily breathing in each other's direction, or even taking a breath at that moment!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Page 55 of 116 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast