Page 91 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    I’ll wager that there is not a statistically significant amount. We know how many positives there are. We know how many are dying that are positive and we know hospital censuses.

The anecdotal cases like you presented, are just that. I’m still waiting to see death certificates filled out in such a way but seems they are all news articles.

Since when was it en vogue to trust the media about this topic but not others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bingo!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ll wager that there is not a statistically significant amount. We know how many positives there are. We know how many are dying that are positive and we know hospital censuses.

The anecdotal cases like you presented, are just that. I’m still waiting to see death certificates filled out in such a way but seems they are all news articles.

Since when was it en vogue to trust the media about this topic but not others?

Interesting position considering you are making statements identical to those the media issues daily.

Feedback Score
    Why this sudden surge of death? Just a coincidence?

--------

Today-

LOS ANGELES (AP) — As communities across the country feel the pain of a surge in coronavirus cases, funeral homes in the hot spot of Southern California say they must turn away grieving families as they run out of space for the bodies piling up.

I’ve been in the funeral industry for 40 years and never in my life did I think that this could happen, that I’d have to tell a family, ‘No, we can’t take your family member,’” said Magda Maldonado, owner of Continental Funeral Home in Los Angeles.

Continental is averaging about 30 body removals a day — six times its normal rate. Mortuary owners are calling one another to see whether anyone can handle overflow, and the answer is always the same: They’re full, too.

In order to keep up with the flood of bodies, Maldonado has rented extra 50-foot (15-meter) refrigerators for two of the four facilities she runs in LA and surrounding counties. Continental has also been delaying pickups at hospitals for a day or two while they deal with residential clients.

Bob Achermann, executive director of the California Funeral Directors Association, said that the whole process of burying and cremating bodies has slowed down, including embalming bodies and obtaining death certificates. During normal times, cremation might happen within a day or two; now it takes at least a week or longer.

Achermann said that in the southern part of the state, “every funeral home I talk to says, ‘We’re paddling as fast as we can.’”
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-03-21 at 15:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Interesting position considering you are making statements identical to those the media issues daily.
    What statement did I make “identical” to the media? I’ve seen numerous media sources that you link in support of your position, whatever that may be but here you are saying I’m repeating a media narrative?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post

--------

Today-

LOS ANGELES (AP) — As communities across the country feel the pain of a surge in coronavirus cases, funeral homes in the hot spot of Southern California say they must turn away grieving families as they run out of space for the bodies piling up.

I’ve been in the funeral industry for 40 years and never in my life did I think that this could happen, that I’d have to tell a family, ‘No, we can’t take your family member,’” said Magda Maldonado, owner of Continental Funeral Home in Los Angeles.

Continental is averaging about 30 body removals a day — six times its normal rate. Mortuary owners are calling one another to see whether anyone can handle overflow, and the answer is always the same: They’re full, too.

In order to keep up with the flood of bodies, Maldonado has rented extra 50-foot (15-meter) refrigerators for two of the four facilities she runs in LA and surrounding counties. Continental has also been delaying pickups at hospitals for a day or two while they deal with residential clients.

Bob Achermann, executive director of the California Funeral Directors Association, said that the whole process of burying and cremating bodies has slowed down, including embalming bodies and obtaining death certificates. During normal times, cremation might happen within a day or two; now it takes at least a week or longer.

Achermann said that in the southern part of the state, “every funeral home I talk to says, ‘We’re paddling as fast as we can.’”
    Yet in states that have not instituted California's draconian rules, there are no reefer trailers full of bodies waiting for disposal.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post

--------

Today-

Yep it’s a coincidence. Covid is a hoax and all that.

Feedback Score
    All those lockdowns and restrictions sure payed off in California.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What statement did I make “identical” to the media? I’ve seen numerous media sources that you link in support of your position, whatever that may be but here you are saying I’m repeating a media narrative?

Mass numbers of sick/dead is the top story daily which you state here daily.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Mass numbers of sick/dead is the top story daily which you state here daily.
    I have?

Feedback Score
    Luckily the dead will wait, I don’t think they will now the difference.

Page 91 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast