Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steiner P4Xi question!

Feedback Score

Steiner P4Xi question!

I just got my new Steiner P4Xi 5202 delivered today! Upon taking to out of the box I noticed the red streaks on the cross hairs from the LED, are the normal, they were the last few brightest setting! Pictures were taken in my house!

I'm new to the ret dot scopes and this will be on my Colt LE6920 Socom!

also if these are normal or would you return it for a replacement! I bought it new at Optics Planet for $568.00!

Thanks for any advice,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can't tell from the images. Take better pictures and call/email Steiner. Off hand, it doesn't sound abnormal as there might be some refraction in the tube at the highest settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks yes it seems to fade away at lower settings I haven't tried it outside yet, I sent a pm to Steiner

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I feel bad for the customer service teams at some of these places.

YES. Normal. Mount on rifle. adjust brightness as necessary.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Completely normal at higher brightness settings.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    This is normal. The way I understand it is that the fiberoptic tube (that provides the dot) has to get to the center of the reticle by running behind one of the stadia, or lines, of the reticle. The fiber optic tube is hidden behind the stadia, and glued in place. This is more of an art than a science, and will not always be absolutely perfect. Especially if you don't want the stadia to be too wide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I feel bad for the customer service teams at some of these places.

YES. Normal. Mount on rifle. adjust brightness as necessary.

Thanks for the dick response, I was just asking Mr Pro Sarcasm Man!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the Steiner P4Xi and I get no such streak on the brightest setting. Even in complete darkness at the brightest setting, no hint of anything but the red dot. I have it on a 7.62 X 39 Ar upper and love it for this platform. I would try and swap it out but thats just me... It would bug me20201119_094103.jpg
    Last edited by lt211; 11-19-20 at 08:47. Reason: added picture

Feedback Score
    thanks for the response, after further looking at it after taking it out of the box I also noticed the hex screw had a little rust spot on the head, smudge and swirls marks on the large glass front and a little blemish mark on the body! This was in a sealed brand new box! I doubt that Steiner would send it that way being the sealer sticker said inspected Steiner, I bought it from the OP and I'm sure they don't have that seal, OP seems a good place too! I'll see if they will return for an exchange!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Glad you found the confirmation bias you where seeking. Do you actually have any experience with any LPVo's? A vortex Razor will have the exact same affect.

I have more than a few cases of ammo under my P4xi. But yea go with the dude that runs a 7.62x39 AR. :rolls eyes:
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast