Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PHLster Enigma

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

PHLster Enigma

(The video proper starts a couple of minutes in, so you might want to skip until you see people.)

This looks like it's going to address some of my issues with AIWB. And it looks like it might allow the local board short-wearing, I-can-only-wear-a-G43-in-my-pocket poster to actually wear one of his myriad G19s with his board shorts.

We'll see. I'm definitely interested.

Basically, this is a sort of belt and holster system that's modular and works with most any holster with a ModWing (or similar) and is worn under your normal clothing.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I'm more interested in it for my wife. Turns out women's pants don't always have belt loops, and those that do likely won't fit a 1.5" belt with a Cobra buckle. Who knew?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I like that you can use different holsters with it. That makes it a lot more useful for people who don’t have a G19.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Great innovation..

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have multiple friends trying it now, including a couple that were involved with the pre-release models.

Initial reports are all good. I'm probably going to snag one as well, based on their reports. I think this rig with a Gadget-equipped Glock 48 running Shield mags, or a Beretta PX4 Compact, is a real sweet spot for a lot of people.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm out on it being non-WML.

I'm hope it's in the works, but I'd love to use it with my PHLster Floodlight

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post

They’ve said a wml capable version is due out early next year.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post

I am NOT starting a urinary distance measuring contest. I'm just asking an honest question.

How necessary is that for an armed civilian? If you are an LEO, I totally get it. Cops might have to search structures while carrying concealed. The odds of a civilian carrier are so small, I would much, much rather use the handheld light I am already carrying.

If there is enough light for someone to identify me and decide to attack, I have enough light to discriminate a target and fire if needed.

My home defense firearms all have lights. But my EDC Beretta 92X and S&W BUG do not. Again, not bickering or yelling, just wondering about use cases.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am NOT starting a urinary distance measuring contest. I'm just asking an honest question.

How necessary is that for an armed civilian? If you are an LEO, I totally get it. Cops might have to search structures while carrying concealed. The odds of a civilian carrier are so small, I would much, much rather use the handheld light I am already carrying.

If there is enough light for someone to identify me and decide to attack, I have enough light to discriminate a target and fire if needed.

My home defense firearms all have lights. But my EDC Beretta 92X and S&W BUG do not. Again, not bickering or yelling, just wondering about use cases.

Thanks.
    If you're attacked by someone in the dark, you shoot them, they fall to the ground, wounded but alive, and it's time to call 911, do you:

-Flee the scene and call the cops later, possibly after people sympathetic to your attacker have already called the police, making the attacker the complainant and you the defendant?
    -Put away your handheld light, preventing you from identifying what the (still potential) threat is doing on the ground while you call the police?
    -Put away your pistol, preventing you from being able to respond with lethal force should the (still potential) threat become a threat again?
    -Or do you put away your handheld light, put your WML in constant on, using the light to illuminate the (still potential) threat without muzzling them, and call the cops?

There's also the question of whether you'll have enough time to access a handheld light simultaneously with your pistol, &c.

And per Aaron Cowan:
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    If you're attacked by someone in the dark, you shoot them, they fall to the ground, wounded but alive, and it's time to call 911, do you:

-Flee the scene and call the cops later, possibly after people sympathetic to your attacker have already called the police, making the attacker the complainant and you the defendant?
    -Put away your handheld light, preventing you from identifying what the (still potential) threat is doing on the ground while you call the police?
    -Put away your pistol, preventing you from being able to respond with lethal force should the (still potential) threat become a threat again?
    -Or do you put away your handheld light, put your WML in constant on, using the light to illuminate the (still potential) threat without muzzling them, and call the cops?

There's also the question of whether you'll have enough time to access a handheld light simultaneously with your pistol, &c.

And per Aaron Cowan:
    Not to be argumentative but: "Flee the scene and call the cops later, possibly after people sympathetic to your attacker have already called the police, making the attacker the complainant and you the defendant?"

Except that I'd reword it to "End the immediate threat and extract you and yours to relative safety, then notify authorities."

WMLs are pretty nifty though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast