Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PHLster Enigma

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Interesting. Thanks @titsonritz for reviving this thread. I just got a new puppy and wanted something to work with gym shorts and this might just be what i need.
    I've been needing something like this forever. I've been using my Megingjord somewhat but it really need pant and belt loops. Everything I am aware of sucks without a belt. Like I said I think this might be it. Definitely going to check it out.

Thank all for the feedback.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    @thetick

The have a light bearing option now. OOS at the moment, but they are making these
    There was one light-bearing model in-stock last night and two of the non-bearing model, zero of both today. I guess I should have jumped on it rather than spread the word.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok, so I've been playing around with mine for a few days and it's not all that comfortable to be honest. It does shift a little back and fourth and rubs into the skin. The gun ends up sagging over time to where the grip is just barely above the belt line. I can crank down on the belt super tight but then it's just painful and uncomfortable.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I just received my Enigma and got it setup to my liking for a Shadow Systems CR920.

Very comfortable if you allow the gun to ride where it wants to, which places the grip just barely above the belt line and directly under it depending on how the pants or shorts ride around the waist and hips. I did adjust the leg leash to be higher up my thigh than set up out of the package, and I find I prefer very very little “slack” in the circumference around my leg. Once I got the leg leash adjusted everything else about it just clicked. By far the most comfortable AIWB holster I have tried to date.

If super fast draw times from concealment are your absolute #1 priority this isn’t the holster for you. I’ve been practicing a few draw strokes to get used to getting a grip on a tiny little pistol and find it’s helpful to pull the waistband of the pants/shorts down a bit with the non firing hand to allow a deeper grip with the firing hand. It’s not insurmountable but it’s different. If you have zero situational awareness and are relying on a blazing fast draw speed from concealment without a ton of practice to stay sharp, you’ll be disappointed.

On the plus side the gun is now holstered and supported independent of my pants or shorts. I can’t emphasize how much more comfortable this is than a belt mounted solution, I’ve already confirmed it’s more comfortable sitting, standing, walking, bending over, squatting down, and running than my belt mounted AIWB holster for the same pistol. I don’t mind putting this thing on at all, so I’m more likely to actually be armed.

Then there is the issue of concealment, and this thing is nuts. Keeping the pistol riding low and allowing the pants/shorts to move independently of your blaster makes the gun disappear. Could a well trained individual who is diligently looking for it spot it? Maybe, but only if you’re rocking a full size pistol and insist on wearing your kids t-shirts. A grown ass man, wearing appropriately fitting clothing carrying a G43-ish sized pistol or J Frame? Probably going to require physical contact or a body scanner to spot. This will now be my go-to for carrying in non permissive environments (not illegal mind you just places it will worry or otherwise stir up the Karen’s). I have a trip to Washington State next week, flying into Spokane, my SD enhanced permit is recognized by Washington so I’m legal to CCW there. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are both super Karen’s, and they know I will have a gun with me to hit the range with in Lewiston, ID. What they don’t know and won’t approve of at all is that I’ll be CCW’ing another one they don’t know about. I’ll report back on my success or failure to stay covert around the Karen’s.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123