Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: IS IT POSSIBLE TO HUNT BIG GAMES USING AN AR 15?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    No, quite a bit weaker. Looks like fairly significant power jumps(less to more) between Grendel, Creedmoor, 6.5x55,
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I like the Grendel, but can we really consider it equal to the x55?
    To clarify, when I wrote the above, it was to point out that the Grendel is not the equal of the Swede, in response to the below.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    I was an early Grendel adopter because it fit the same role as the classic 6.5 Swede (6.5x55). That old classic lives on today in a lot of the popular re-incarnations of hard-hitting 6.5's.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Idk what this guys motive is but he is all over the place using different names. On most boards, he makes 1 post and leaves. If you copy and Google this post, youll find 2 on other boards that are closed.

https://www.longislandfirearms.com/f...r-for-hunting/

https://sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/t...-which-hunting

http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopic.php?t=56879

https://www.xdtalk.com/threads/223-v...unting.451240/
    Last edited by Swstock; 11-30-20 at 19:04.

Feedback Score
    Wow, thats weird.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    Wow, thats weird.
    Not really. He’s just new to whatever he’s trying to do and hasn’t found an online home yet.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The big bores like .458 SOCOM and .450 BM are basically a .45-70 out of an AR, the .45-70 has put down a lot game for almost 150 years.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    Not really. He’s just new to whatever he’s trying to do and hasn’t found an online home yet.

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Sorry, but I have to disagree. This is a Bot/spammer/whatever you want to call it. They make a post asking some sort of question that may or may not make sense (depending on their grasp of the English language imho), then pop back in a while later and post a link to whatever scammy website they are trying to direct you towards, typically trying to tie said link in with the rest of the thread to get people to click on it.

I reported the OP as a likely spammer a while ago, but it is cool to read the interesting discussion that's spawned from his post.

Note the usernames on those identical posts. People don't go by "Richard" on one board, "Michael" on another, "Gary" on a third, etc.

Just a PSA to help people avoid scams - always hover over links before clicking to see where they lead to...
    Last edited by Pressingonward; 12-01-20 at 00:31. Reason: Fixed an error

Feedback Score
    Whoa, Google the text block below (his other thread (gets like 5 identical hits)):

I have been using a Beretta 92FS since 2019 and it is more comfortable to carry with me as a CCW. But I have not been able to do it for an Entry level AR 15.I am taking steps to building an AR 15 like the Ruger 5.56 , S&W M&P 15. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas about where I could know how to build a gun for entry level usages

https://www.xdtalk.com/threads/entry...buyers.451359/

WTH does CCW’ing a 92FS have to do with building an AR?

LOL
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 12-01-20 at 06:52.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressingonward View Post
    Sorry, but I have to disagree. This is a Bot/spammer/whatever you want to call it. They make a post asking some sort of question that may or may not make sense (depending on their grasp of the English language imho), then pop back in a while later and post a link to whatever scammy website they are trying to direct you towards, typically trying to tie said link in with the rest of the thread to get people to click on it.

I reported the OP as a likely spammer a while ago, but it is cool to read the interesting discussion that's spawned from his post.

Note the usernames on those identical posts. People don't go by "Richard" on one board, "Michael" on another, "Gary" on a third, etc.

Just a PSA to help people avoid scams - always hover over links before clicking to see where they lead to...
    Plus we have to wonder what kind of scam and who is running it while taking in to consideration events of this year.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know about today but, when the Grendel first came out, I ran some super heavy factory loads and they penetrated deeply. Today those old classic Lapua bullets from the "WW II era" seem to have been replaced by more modern lighter options.

Like the Swede, if you can find some of the ~170gr loads, they will penetrate deeply in heavy game animals just like the old 7mm Mauser. ~2400fps with a good bullet will do the job even in today's advertisement driven caliber crazed market.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    I don't know about today but, when the Grendel first came out, I ran some super heavy factory loads and they penetrated deeply. Today those old classic Lapua bullets from the "WW II era" seem to have been replaced by more modern lighter options.

Like the Swede, if you can find some of the ~170gr loads, they will penetrate deeply in heavy game animals just like the old 7mm Mauser. ~2400fps with a good bullet will do the job even in today's advertisement driven caliber crazed market.
    Yes, those numbers will do the job with the Swede, but not even close to achievable with the Grendel. Am I misunderstanding you?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast