Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IS IT POSSIBLE TO HUNT BIG GAMES USING AN AR 15?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a .458 SOCOM AR for bear and moose.

I would not use .223, 300blk, 6.8spc or any other cartridge like that for those animals though.

Feedback Score
    Iíve been using the 556 almost exclusively now for years. 180 pound deer inside 200 yards is in serious trouble if hit with a 77 grain SMK type bullet. 64 grain traditional soft points are pretty violent also. Pretty good luck with MK 318. Federal MSR was ok, but nothing to rave about. 55 grain soft points have been sketchy.

Take your shot carefully, and do your best to place the shot perpendicular to the deer... Physics will do the rest.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gary09 View Post
    Mostly big game hunters prefer center fires like Ruger American Rifle, Winchester renegade etc. Why AR 15 is not in big game hunting lists. Is there any ideas like how to build a gun to make it for big game hunting?
    Go Here: Hunting

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Moved.
    Contractor scum, AAV

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlsatian View Post
    When thinking of hunting, you have to focus on the cartridge not the platform.
    That is true, and I think more than a few places have caliber regulations based on firearm type than anything else. Certainly not based on real world experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12