Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: IS IT POSSIBLE TO HUNT BIG GAMES USING AN AR 15?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    This is poor advice and should be disregarded.
    Lol, your lack of Practical knowledge is showing. This is a link to a hunting forum for people that actually hunt, not argue about the validity of an in Mlok rail system Page after page of deer,bear, a few caribou, and even a moose killed with 77TMK and 69Tmk. If you have any questions about what a .223 can do with 77TMK, 69gr Tmk that should be plenty of evidence.
    But what the hell do I, I guess the 25 deer, 3 antelope, 10 hogs, and 1 black bear all died of fright.��

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thre...-moose.130488/

6210F2EB-7E09-43DF-8392-52DB5F81C5CC.jpeg

DEA3BF5B-9594-4ED5-AE05-248CDB667C71.jpeg

Nope, TmkÂ’s wonÂ’t kill a deer

55, 62, 64, and 75 grain Speer Gold Dots are Good to go

Hornady 75 and 88gr AMAX/ELD-M are good to go.

77gr Tipped MatchKing is the best choice of the .224Â’s. fitting them into a mag and maintaining case capacity can be a issue, but can be done.
    69 gr Tmk loaded to mag length, with 23gr of ar-comp will push them out of a 16in barrel around 2880-2900fps which is in fact gods plenty to hunt with!

Feedback Score

IS IT POSSIBLE TO HUNT BIG GAMES USING AN AR 15?

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    This is poor advice and should be disregarded.
    Agreed unless being extremely selective with shots. What I have seen is bullet failure on quartering shots and excessive meat damage.

70 gr TSX is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PracticalRifleman; 12-13-20 at 14:41.

Feedback Score
    70 gr Tsx are better at penciling through... that is it. Why would you shoot a mono in .223? Lead free requirement?

Do you eat a lot of rib meat?
    Last edited by Red the Monkey; 12-13-20 at 14:53.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have killed a few deer with 223. Shot placement is key.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Again, quartering shots are a thing.

And I’ve yet to see a TSX fail in a crew of five guys killing an average of two a season each for ten years. But what I have seen is tipped match bullets fail, especially at quartering shots.

Eat much rib meat? I can’t imagine not using ad much of the animal as possible as it gave it’s life to feed me and mine. That should go without saying.

I’m not telling you what to do or undermining your experience but I am sharing mine that match kings are far from the ideal bullet for deer in 5.56. They can work if being very selective with shots and they can and do ruin more usable meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red the Monkey View Post
    Lol, your lack of Practical knowledge is showing. This is a link to a hunting forum for people that actually hunt, not argue about the validity of an in Mlok rail system Page after page of deer,bear, a few caribou, and even a moose killed with 77TMK and 69Tmk. If you have any questions about what a .223 can do with 77TMK, 69gr Tmk that should be plenty of evidence. But what the hell do I, I guess the 25 deer, 3 antelope, 10 hogs, and 1 black bear all died of fright.�� https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thre...-moose.130488/
    I stand by my statement. I've shot a lot of deer with a wide variety of .223 bullets from ARs, recovered the projectiles and examined the wounds. I also know that some others take larger and more dangerous game with them successfully. I am quite familiar with the terminal ballistic performance of the TMKs in various weights, both gel and tissue, and have shot an awful lot of those bullets.

I may not have been sufficiently clear, .223 is okay for typical deer with a good bullet and shooter. Nonetheless, using .223 caliber on game larger than typical deer and antelope, and dangerous game remains ill advised. Advice to do so without responsible caveats and cautions should be disregarded. Where even legal, the margins are much narrower and not realistic for a great many hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Agreed unless being extremely selective with shots. What I have seen is bullet failure on quartering shots and excessive meat damage. 70 gr TSX is much better.
    Agreed. I've shot several in the last year with the 62 TSX, which does well.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Red the Monkey - I'd dial back the attitude. ST911 is more than capable as a marksman and a hunter, I'm quite familiar with his abilities.

Based on your posts in other threads, I'd strongly encourage you to read a lot for a good long while, before you post again. You are new here, and unfamiliar with our ways.

Feedback Score
    I was not the one who completely discredited someone else’s opinion, but you do you I know you need to stick together. He provided his personal opinion which is fine. Not everyone has to agree I provided mine and a link to about 50 other examples
    of what the .223 is capable with proper placement.

I’ll read as much as I like but others should maybe realize their knowledge base isn’t quite as broad as they think just because you have moderator written under your make-believe name. Quite frankly I really don’t care what your ways are. This used to be a good forum but most of you’ve turned in the pussies and cucks and ran it in the ground so to conclude this **** off. You guys can stay here and Jack each other off and tell each other how cool you are, I’m moving on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    A bullet is a bullet, so the Q should be is bullet X that The AR platform can be found in X caliber good for big game. By big game, are we talking elephants here? Many hunt with ARs chambered in .308 which can handle just about anything CONUS but for a few animals far as I know. I'd assume there's few ARs chambered in bullets for legit big game like what's found in Africa, but not my lane really.
    If you want a typical trophy animal in Africa, no in the vast majority of cases. Sure a 450Bushmaster or similar is likely capable and might be acceptable on a South African game farm, many countries won't allow them in as implements of war. Then there is the whole ammo discussion.

375H&H is by far the best choice if you are concerned about ammo loss in transit. 9.3 and smaller calibers are not allowed for the "Big 5" in most countries.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red the Monkey View Post
    Lol, your lack of Practical knowledge is showing. This is a link to a hunting forum for people that actually hunt, not argue about the validity of an in Mlok rail system Page after page of deer,bear, a few caribou, and even a moose killed with 77TMK and 69Tmk. If you have any questions about what a .223 can do with 77TMK, 69gr Tmk that should be plenty of evidence.
    But what the hell do I, I guess the 25 deer, 3 antelope, 10 hogs, and 1 black bear all died of fright.��
    No one/he, didn't claim they wouldn't die.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast