Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF and AR Pistols...time to sell?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Some are going to rot in the ground, but they will die like men
    Amen.

Feedback Score
    Yesterday, I got an email from GOA that stated Sleepy Joe is going after pistol-braced firearms via EO. Homemade guns were also in the crosshairs.

Feedback Score
    It was my understanding that it was an Executive Action that was signed, not an Executive Order.
    Big difference.
    An EO is legally binding, recorded in the Federal Register, and remains til another EO overturns it, the courts declare it conflicts with another law or Congress passes a law that supersedes it.

An Executive Action is none of these and isn’t even recorded. An EA doesn’t change any standing laws or give any agency new powers.

The bumpstock ban was an EO and even that’s being challenged in court, which could nullify it.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for clarifying that. You're absolutely correct. It was my mistake that I misinterpreted EA as the same thing as an EO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    It was my understanding that it was an Executive Action that was signed, not an Executive Order.
    Big difference.
    An EO is legally binding, recorded in the Federal Register, and remains til another EO overturns it, the courts declare it conflicts with another law or Congress passes a law that supersedes it.

An Executive Action is none of these and isn’t even recorded. An EA doesn’t change any standing laws or give any agency new powers.

The bumpstock ban was an EO and even that’s being challenged in court, which could nullify it.
    An Executive Action or Order can never change law. Only Congress can change law.
    The 6th Circuit Court ruled in the recent past (past month or so) that Trump's EO banning and the ATF's actions to ban are illegal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I don’t disagree with any of that. You’re spot on.
    But I don’t think most of us mean to be criminals. We don’t purposely go break laws other than speeding. But nothing to do major time, on purpose. Yes most politicians are criminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is this going to change at any point? The politicians aren't going to change on their own accord, regardless of who gets elected from the pool of people allowed to get to that stage. They have absolutely nothing to fear. At worst they're just going to get a nice private sector job offer if they end up losing an election.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Worse comes to worse, get a 16" barrel upper and a BCM/MFT buttstock and call it a draw.
    Hang the SBA3 and 8" 9mm upper on the wall and talk about I can remember WHEN stories.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    DOUBLE POST
    Last edited by RWH24; 04-19-21 at 07:58.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    Worse comes to worse, get a 16" barrel upper and a BCM/MFT buttstock and call it a draw.
    Hang the SBA3 and 8" 9mm upper on the wall and talk about I can remember WHEN stories.
    Precisely why progressives have won and conservatives have lost.
    The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyskyhigh View Post
    Precisely why progressives have won and conservatives have lost.
    Yep. Exactly.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast