Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF and AR Pistols...time to sell?

Feedback Score
    I think this is the third ‘Braces are gonna be illegal so sell your AR pistols NOW!’ thread I’ve come across on multiple boards.

Maybe braces will be banned, I don’t know. Being they’re still a new thing, it might be.

But AR pistols themselves are a different matter. They’ve been legal to own LONG before the idea of a brace came up. So if you need a ‘backup plan’, use mine. Remove brace. Toss in ATF approved receptacle. Keep shooting pistol.

If braces ARE banned, get ready for some handicapped shooters sueing for their rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I had a chat last night with a young Sargent that runs a gang unit. He was as pro Constitution and guns as I am. Oh by the way he is black and the conversation was in one of the homicide and drug infested ghettos of an American city.

I was filled with joy, when he said he would never take a gun from an honest person.
    I have my doubts. When it comes down to paycheck, health insurance, pension, 98-99% of LE will enforce whatever egregious orders they are given. Perhaps that 1-2 % that MAY not, are located in small town flyover country, but the vast majority will gleefully do those house to house warrant or warrantless searches. As far as I'm concerned, I view the current federal LE, be they fbi or atf as nothing but the new gestapo. Especially the leadership of those agencies as evidenced by the fraud committed by such pieces of chit like comey, rosenstein, mccabe, mueller, etc. The country has turned into a ballot box stuffing banana republic where laws are selectively enforced by liberal left wing prosecutors and judges, and enforced by pathetic sods in LE depts in places like NY, LA, St. Louis, Boston, et al. Yeah, a handful of cops may call in sick the day the orders are issued, but the majority will enforce whatever orders are given. Period. I have nothing but a healthy disgust, disrespect, and disregard for the majority of the citizenry in the US and its agents. IF, and it is a very big IF, true barbarism via unconstitutional confiscation or obscene taxation is inflicted on the citizens, I hope the solzenitzen option takes effect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    I have my doubts. When it comes down to paycheck, health insurance, pension, 98-99% of LE will enforce whatever egregious orders they are given. Perhaps that 1-2 % that MAY not, are located in small town flyover country, but the vast majority will gleefully do those house to house warrant or warrantless searches. As far as I'm concerned, I view the current federal LE, be they fbi or atf as nothing but the new gestapo. Especially the leadership of those agencies as evidenced by the fraud committed by such pieces of chit like comey, rosenstein, mccabe, mueller, etc. The country has turned into a ballot box stuffing banana republic where laws are selectively enforced by liberal left wing prosecutors and judges, and enforced by pathetic sods in LE depts in places like NY, LA, St. Louis, Boston, et al. Yeah, a handful of cops may call in sick the day the orders are issued, but the majority will enforce whatever orders are given. Period. I have nothing but a healthy disgust, disrespect, and disregard for the majority of the citizenry in the US and its agents. IF, and it is a very big IF, true barbarism via unconstitutional confiscation or obscene taxation is inflicted on the citizens, I hope the solzenitzen option takes effect.
    Possibly, but I’d argue most cops are smart enough to recognize that their pensions and paychecks are useless in a dystopian society...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Even if the current population of LEOs wouldn’t confiscate, the left is working very hard to discourage the good ones (“defund”, “acab”, etc) until they quit, leaving us with just the ones who need the job so bad they will do exactly what they are ordered. The left knows what it’s doing.

So I hope we are all doing what we can to personally encourage and support the LEOs we know, so they are more likely to stick with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    Perhaps it's geographic, however, your analysis is based solely on speculation and conjecture. My statement is based on knowing many local deputies and a handful of nearby city cops. And knowing many, many more of our local and nearby military-types. We've had more than one discussion regarding this matter. Detailed discussions beyond the typical "what if?". Salaries and benefits have no influence on their decisions, trust me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    20th Group is solid people. A buddy finally retired from SF as a Master Sergeant, and 20th Group was his last unit.
    How time flies. Though much younger than me now, I know several and they're great guys. Three of them within 3-4 minutes driving time. Damn their young.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Perhaps it's geographic, however, your analysis is based solely on speculation and conjecture. My statement is based on knowing many local deputies and a handful of nearby city cops. And knowing many, many more of our local and nearby military-types. We've had more than one discussion regarding this matter. Detailed discussions beyond the typical "what if?". Salaries and benefits have no influence on their decisions, trust me.
    This is 100% a geographic issue. All the cops that I know that are rural agree with you. They are genuinely concerned about their community and most of the time have a good head on their shoulders. There are a lot of urban cops that are in no way gun guys, its just a job to them, and would do what they are told as they dont understand their oath or what lie behind those words.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I would submit that if they " don't understand their oath or what lie behind those words"- they have NO business in LE.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I would submit that if they " don't understand their oath or what lie behind those words"- they have NO business in LE.
    In a lot of PD"s have required a 4-year degree to become a LEO.
    As we all know, 4-year colleges and Universities have been indoctrination centers for decades.
    It should not be surprising that very many of the new officers over the last decade have a different view of the 2A then most of us. Colleges and Universities have been teaching that the 2A only applies to a well organized militia, and they have been teaching that the ONLY legitimate militia is the State's National Guard. Therefore YOU & I have no 2A rights.
    When that squad car pulls up to your house, you will have no idea if that officer believes in your rights. Far too many don't, and the ones who do, some of them wouldn't put their freedom on the line to protect yours. That's just life.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yes but having a BA/BS req is less about hiring “qualified” persons and more about simply streamlining hiring efficiency since degree is meaningless when everyone and their dog has one nowadays. In AOs still dominated by civil service standards it is irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast