Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF and AR Pistols...time to sell?

Feedback Score
    Figured I would post this here. Below is an email I received from Aero Precision on this ATF letter. There is a link to post public comment on pistol braces.

This brings me to “keyboard warriors.” I understand the term but maybe would shouldn’t be using it in such a derogatory way. We live in the Information Age and keyboard warriors can be quite beneficial. They can post public comments on proposed federal legislation, they can disseminate information, they can promote positive press and positive media stories to influence the general public’s perception, they can start and sign petitions. They can gather intel. Do you think all ANTIFA does is riot and burn stuff? Most of what they do is actually behind the scenes online, gathering funding, gathering intel, doxxing adversaries, sending propaganda. Before the dismiss the keyboard warriors we should be looking at how to better utilize them.

Email from Aero below. Our first step should be looking to stop the law before it becomes one instead of jumping straight to confiscation and blood in the streets talk.

The BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) recently released information on how they will be determining the legality of Pistol Stabilizing Braces and whether they should fall within the National Firearms Act. There are countless concerning angles to this topic, but we will try to get straight to the point.

The most recent notice outlines criteria that are judged purely on subjective determinations as opposed to definitive statements that clearly identify what does or does not constitute a legal configuration of a braced firearm. This leaves both firearms manufacturers and owners at the mercy of ad hoc judgement of the BATFE. It allows for case by case determinations by individual agents in which no manufacturer or gun owner, let alone the agent themselves, can reasonably know what is legal or illegal.

Aero Precision does not agree or support this type of re-interpretation in which millions of law-abiding gun owners can be affected, and worst case, turned in to criminals at no action of their own. This could also have a lasting and catastrophic impact on the firearms industry and American businesses like Aero Precision. Thousands of jobs will be lost and the estimated economic impact to our industry eclipses 1 billion dollars over the next year alone. We urge you to review the BATFE’s most recent proposal, get informed, and take immediate action.

WHAT CAN I DO?

First and foremost, visit the link below and comment by January 4, 2021. This topic is currently open for comment on the Federal Register. It has been conveniently opened for comment over the holiday season and is a very short 14 day window. Keep comments professional and double check all information as improper comments will be discarded. http://www.federalregister.gov/docum...ilizing-braces

SHARE this information with everyone you know. This determination has an impact well outside Pistol Stabilizing Braces. It affects us all.

Write your local and state representatives and tell them you do not support this type of action.

Support the Firearms Regulatory Accountability Coalition (FRAC) www.fracaction.org

We appreciate your support of our company, our industry and most of all our rights as Americans. We will continue to stand against the constant unjust actions against the 2nd Amendment and hope you will do the same.

Team Aero

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTwoSix View Post
    This is a good example of why it is important to be involved with local and county government. For example, my county, and the three surrounding counties, have publicly refused to enforce the state’s lockdown orders and restrictions on how many people you have in your home. The county prosecutor has publicly stated twice that he will not prosecute cases brought to him regarding violations of COVID orders because the governor cannot just create new laws with the swipe of his pen. These are people I would vote for again because they have proven that they are in this to protect our constitutional rights (although the county prosecutor did also warn that the state has other state controlled departments, like the health department, that could harass local businesses).
    It’s not always about walking away, it’s about making a choice. LE does have discretion. They do not issue a ticket for every traffic infraction they see, nor arrest for every “crime” they see. Case in point... I was pulled over for speeding after a party where I had been drinking when I was 17. Yes, I was underage and a drunk driver. Based on the circumstances, the deputy issued me a speeding ticket and nothing else. He used his discretion.
    Figured I would post this here. Below is an email I received from Aero Precision on this ATF letter. There is a link to post public comment on pistol braces.

This brings me to “keyboard warriors.” I understand the term but maybe would shouldn’t be using it in such a derogatory way. We live in the Information Age and keyboard warriors can be quite beneficial. They can post public comments on proposed federal legislation, they can disseminate information, they can promote positive press and positive media stories to influence the general public’s perception, they can start and sign petitions. They can gather intel. Do you think all ANTIFA does is riot and burn stuff? Most of what they do is actually behind the scenes online, gathering funding, gathering intel, doxxing adversaries, sending propaganda. Before the dismiss the keyboard warriors we should be looking at how to better utilize them.

Email from Aero below. Our first step should be looking to stop the law before it becomes one instead of jumping straight to confiscation and blood in the streets talk.

The BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) recently released information on how they will be determining the legality of Pistol Stabilizing Braces and whether they should fall within the National Firearms Act. There are countless concerning angles to this topic, but we will try to get straight to the point.

The most recent notice outlines criteria that are judged purely on subjective determinations as opposed to definitive statements that clearly identify what does or does not constitute a legal configuration of a braced firearm. This leaves both firearms manufacturers and owners at the mercy of ad hoc judgement of the BATFE. It allows for case by case determinations by individual agents in which no manufacturer or gun owner, let alone the agent themselves, can reasonably know what is legal or illegal.

Aero Precision does not agree or support this type of re-interpretation in which millions of law-abiding gun owners can be affected, and worst case, turned in to criminals at no action of their own. This could also have a lasting and catastrophic impact on the firearms industry and American businesses like Aero Precision. Thousands of jobs will be lost and the estimated economic impact to our industry eclipses 1 billion dollars over the next year alone. We urge you to review the BATFE’s most recent proposal, get informed, and take immediate action.

WHAT CAN I DO?

First and foremost, visit the link below and comment by January 4, 2021. This topic is currently open for comment on the Federal Register. It has been conveniently opened for comment over the holiday season and is a very short 14 day window. Keep comments professional and double check all information as improper comments will be discarded. http://www.federalregister.gov/docum...ilizing-braces

SHARE this information with everyone you know. This determination has an impact well outside Pistol Stabilizing Braces. It affects us all.

Write your local and state representatives and tell them you do not support this type of action.

Support the Firearms Regulatory Accountability Coalition (FRAC) www.fracaction.org

We appreciate your support of our company, our industry and most of all our rights as Americans. We will continue to stand against the constant unjust actions against the 2nd Amendment and hope you will do the same.

Team Aero
    Blah blah blah...get involved.

Blast blah blah...vote.

Blah blah blah....

You all have battered wife syndrome.

“I’m sure voting will work this time”.

“If I only get involved just a little more this time will be different.”

“I’m sure if I make some public comments and beg and plead for my rights, surely this time they will see it my way.”

The only person you can put you hope, faith, and dreams in for personal liberty and freedom is yourself.

If you continue to put those things in others you are destined to be continue to be disappointed.

SHALL NOT COMPLY...FULL STOP...ONLY OPTION

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyskyhigh View Post
    Blah blah blah...get involved.

Blast blah blah...vote.

Blah blah blah....

You all have battered wife syndrome.

“I’m sure voting will work this time”.

“If I only get involved just a little more this time will be different.”

“I’m sure if I make some public comments and beg and plead for my rights, surely this time they will see it my way.”

The only person you can put you hope, faith, and dreams in for personal liberty and freedom is yourself.

If you continue to put those things in others you are destined to be continue to be disappointed.

SHALL NOT COMPLY...FULL STOP...ONLY OPTION

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ok Mr Action Hero, what have you actually done? You type on your keyboard, attacking everyone else, yet you do nothing.
    You are just like the yapping mini-dog. All noise, no action.
    If you are not writing your representatives, or calling them, or trying to engage politically, then what ARE YOU DOING?

Did you go shoot a Communist today?
    Are you fighting in the streets?
    Did you go back-up the Kenosha kid?
    Are you out fighting for or against the Antifa-types in the Autonomous Zones in the PNW?

What have you done, other than being a blowhard?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    This thread, like this forum have gone full 2020!

Feedback Score

ATF and AR Pistols...time to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpew View Post
    Ok Mr Action Hero, what have you actually done? You type on your keyboard, attacking everyone else, yet you do nothing.
    You are just like the yapping mini-dog. All noise, no action.
    If you are not writing your representatives, or calling them, or trying to engage politically, then what ARE YOU DOING?

Did you go shoot a Communist today?
    Are you fighting in the streets?
    Did you go back-up the Kenosha kid?
    Are you out fighting for or against the Antifa-types in the Autonomous Zones in the PNW?

What have you done, other than being a blowhard?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Yes. I have complete trust and faith in the political process. I’ve written many many letters asking if I may please have my rights back.

I’ve killed many antiFA and communists. You have undoubtedly read and seen the news stories by now.

The problem we’re faced with is that the discussion is dominated on all side by low information people. People spend their life being indoctrinated by the cathedral. You, and most others, are members of, whether you can admit it to yourself or not, the cult of the omnipotent state. You are cult members.

Until you, and many others, can break free of that box the best we can hope for is to maintain the status quo.

I know I have harsh words, but I only know because I have been where you’re at. As I’ve said before, I was an agent of the state. As a police officer I was asked to do things I knew were wrong. I left a career and a pension behind to do something better with my life. How’s that for doing something? That’s a pretty big step. My ideas and understanding of the situation may not have been as well developed then as they are now, but nevertheless I knew what I was doing was wrong and made the decision to go another direction. I’m better for it, both financially and emotionally.

I’m the meantime, maybe there is something you can do beside going out into the streets and blasting away? It doesn’t have to be a choice between a fire fight and doing nothing. Refusing to participate in an immoral unethical corrupt political system which has time and time and time again to yield no results is also not the same as doing nothing.

Maybe you can something easy like not complying? Maybe a person can build SBR’s without asking for permission or paying a $200 bribe? Maybe that’s a good place to start?

Maybe you can preach a message of freedom, liberty, personal responsibility, and self reliance? Resist the state. Don’t attempt to work within it. Figure out how to render it impotent. As I said before the state only has power because you allow it too.

Maybe this doesn’t have to be that hard or painful (as I’ve allude to many times)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iflyskyhigh; 12-22-20 at 11:17.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Maybe you could not comply, while also voting and writing letters, even though it is likely a waste of time.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Maybe you could not comply, while also voting and writing letters, even though it is likely a waste of time.

Soli Deo Gloria
    Do you make it a habit of wasting your time?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyskyhigh View Post
    Do you make it a habit of wasting your time?

We are all here, talking on this forum, not accomplishing anything, so yes, I do make a habit of wasting time. Instead of lecturing everyone, you could have commented to the atf......both of which are probably a waist of time.

It took me a couple of minutes. It probably won't make any difference, but in my eyes, wasting 2 minutes is worth the chance

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score

ATF and AR Pistols...time to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    We are all here, talking on this forum, not accomplishing anything, so yes, I do make a habit of wasting time. Instead of lecturing everyone, you could have commented to the atf......both of which are probably a waist of time.

It took me a couple of minutes. It probably won't make any difference, but in my eyes, wasting 2 minutes is worth the chance

Soli Deo Gloria
    Fair enough.

In my eyes not worth it.

Even if it’s only symbolic your are still asking them for permission as a child might ask their parents. So I am lecturing to you as a parent might lecture to a child.

I’m not asking permission anymore. I am the adult.

I am doing as I please and will deal with issues and consequences of those decisions as they arise.

I’m not pretending I’m some warrior. I’m not pretending I know exactly what I’ll do if confronted. I’m not even pretending what I’m doing is difficult. That’s the point I’m trying to make. You can do small acts of defiance with almost certainly no consequences or push back. It’s small. But you have to start somewhere.

In my eyes that’s doing something. Even if it is just a small act of defiance. It’s something. Doing something different no matter how small is doing something. Asking permission to be free is not “something”. Continuing to do the same thing over and over again that has yielded no results is not doing “something”.

Last edited by iflyskyhigh; 12-22-20 at 13:43.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    It is way past time to worry about “them”.
    The game is ON rather you like it, resent it, or WTFE.

DO NOT COMPLY.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast