Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF and AR Pistols...time to sell?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I would like to believe that most people on this forum know/believe that if braced pistols were to be banned, it sure as hell won't stop there, but their gun control plans will progress in a step, by step, by step fashion over time, until just about all firearms are illegal to own.
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-02-21 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    I tend to think if ATF still felt confident about this they'd have had a quick review period followed by imposing the regs and telling pistol owners they can suck it. But we are going into an already tough midterm year. Time dragging on since the closing of the comment period with not a whisper about it makes me optimistic they have lost their stomach for enraging million of pistol owners in key states at the start of a midterm year. My gut says we get something watered down, or even possibly cancellation. They're just dragging their feet getting around to admitting it because the anti-gunners will be mad at them again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    More like they're moving like pondwater, just like every other beurocracy.

Feedback Score
    Never Sell , Buy-Build More !

Some updates for those who are curious.
    The Federal Register doc (Jan 31 2022) shows the ATF will fortify some crap come Aug 2022 (due date), based on points worksheet 4999.
    I read over 4999 carefully and a lot of it is ambiguous. Look at Sec-II Rear Surface Area. What the F is meant by "prevent"? Nothing prevents anything from being shouldered, unless I guess you hold your AR pistol up over a block wall while firing. Maybe what they really meant was "discouraged"? The low-paid word-smithing idiots at AFT have done it again, writing crap that makes no sense to anyone.

Pages 5110-5112
    https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...2022-01-31.pdf
    Last edited by DwayneZ; 02-05-22 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    Never Sell , Buy-Build More !

Some updates for those who are curious.
    The Federal Register doc (Jan 31 2022) shows the ATF will fortify some crap come Aug 2022 (due date), based on points worksheet 4999.
    I read over 4999 carefully and a lot of it is ambiguous. Look at Sec-II Rear Surface Area. What the F is meant by "prevent"? Nothing prevents anything from being shouldered, unless I guess you hold your AR pistol up over a block wall while firing. Maybe what they really meant was "discouraged"? The low-paid word-smithing idiots at AFT have done it again, writing crap that makes no sense to anyone.

Pages 5110-5112
    https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...2022-01-31.pdf
    Makes no difference to me.

The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

Feedback Score
    In case you haven't noticed, the government is a criminal organization.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyskyhigh View Post
    Makes no difference to me.
    We all get it. But at some point the fed is gonna make life miserable for some. After-all, they need to justify their job.

Be careful at the ranges, from what I heard, unmarked AFT folks will be combing looking for violators.

What's a tad baffling to me is, if the AR pistol passes the points worksheet, it's not a rifle and not a sbr, it's a pistol. But under ATF can I shoulder my full-size 1911, am I not allowed to shoulder a pistol if I wanted to? So why would shouldering a valid AR pistol be a violation? Apparently the AFT thinks that if you shoulder a AR pistol then you are doing that to avoid NFA.

The TFA folks really have a mental block, but should we expect more than that?
    Last edited by DwayneZ; 02-05-22 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    We all get it. But at some point the fed is gonna make life miserable for some. After-all, they need to justify their job.

Be careful at the ranges, from what I heard, unmarked AFT folks will be combing looking for violators.

What's a tad baffling to me is, if the AR pistol passes the points worksheet, it's not a rifle and not a sbr, it's a pistol. But under ATF can I shoulder my full-size 1911, am I not allowed to shoulder a pistol if I wanted to? So why would shouldering a valid AR pistol be a violation? Apparently the AFT thinks that if you shoulder a AR pistol then you are doing that to avoid NFA.

The TFA folks really have a mental block, but should we expect more than that?
    Where did you hear that ATF was going to plant people at ranges to get violators????

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Tbey barely have enough people to do their normal jobs let alone stake out ranges for violations. My experience from working with agents when doing swat warrant arrests is that they don't work too hard. No house hits before 8am and they really only handle a few cases at a time, no huge case loads like our local guys. Just another unenforceable law that they will throw a charge on if they come across it but will not specifically go after someone for that charge alone.

Feedback Score
    Its time to stop taking anymore.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast