Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A few Garand questions.....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I so regret selling mine. I got it about the same time all the Greek ammo was coming in. At that time I also managed to score a few thousand rounds of the Greek surplus 30-06 for pennies. Sold it all soon after in one of my minimalist phases

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I hear you! I'm wrestling with selling one of mine now (win with var barrel dutch return) that just sits and sits. part of says do it, the other parts so way....decisions...lol

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I so regret selling mine. I got it about the same time all the Greek ammo was coming in. At that time I also managed to score a few thousand rounds of the Greek surplus 30-06 for pennies. Sold it all soon after in one of my minimalist phases

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Another gun in the Book of Tears.

Yeah, I scored two cans of that Greek stuff on clips.

I am going to take the 03 out to the range next weekend. Hopefully the new regime will allow 100+ year old bolt action rifles in California. My brother has been casting covetous glances at it, I'll likely loan it to him, and keep the Garand here.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    If I ever get the bug to minimize my guns to a rifle and a pistol, I’m going to put find a way to mount an AP Micro and SureFire on my Garand. I believe Ultimak makes a railed replacement upper handguard that would work.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    If I ever get the bug to minimize my guns to a rifle and a pistol, I’m going to put find a way to mount an AP Micro and SureFire on my Garand. I believe Ultimak makes a railed replacement upper handguard that would work.
    I know someone in California that did exactly that on an M1 carbine, and uses it very well.

Feedback Score
    I should probably be banned for even posting this, being sacrilegious and all, but here goes:

https://ustacticalsupply.com/sageint...debrstock.aspx

http://www.sageinternationalltd.com/SIL/M1GALCS.html
    Last edited by ABNAK; 11-28-20 at 17:34.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I should probably be banned for even posting this, being sacrilegious and all, but here goes:

https://ustacticalsupply.com/sageint...debrstock.aspx

http://www.sageinternationalltd.com/SIL/M1GALCS.html
    I had seen those before, and wondered about how heavy there were. I know guys got issued the Sage stocks for M-14 sniper rifles at the beginning of OIF - you know anybody that used one?

And a big part of me wants to get a period-correct bayonet for each rifle. I know I'll never use it for anything, but it just "feels right".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I had seen those before, and wondered about how heavy there were. I know guys got issued the Sage stocks for M-14 sniper rifles at the beginning of OIF - you know anybody that used one?

And a big part of me wants to get a period-correct bayonet for each rifle. I know I'll never use it for anything, but it just "feels right".
    While I didn't hump it up and down mountains in Afghanistan, I did have a Sage for one of my M-14 clones a number of years ago. Made it feel like a crew-served weapon! Was like $600 about 15 years ago too. Nah, you can have it.

The "tactical" Garand stocks remind me of those "tactical" lever gun setups: atrocious.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    What was it Jeff Cooper said?

"An elegant solution to a non-existent problem."

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    There's nothing elegant about a Sage EBR chassis.

I didn't know that they made one for SKS and am disappointed to discover that it is not compatible with the bayonet.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Heres another less obtrusive option :

http://www.amegamounts.com/product_pages/m1garand.php

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast