Thread: Quikclot: Civilian vs Combat Gauze?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Quikclot: Civilian vs Combat Gauze?

What is the difference between the “civilian” versions of Quikclot to the military and law enforcement versions aside from the xray strip and packaging? Is the civilian versions just as effective as the others?

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    I think those are the only differences. I’ve used both on the ambulance with equal effectiveness from my perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That’s how I understand it as well.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Sounds good, thanks for the responses.

Feedback Score
    sorry to bust in on this, do you guys have a link on where I can find this? is it called quick clot? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsf343 View Post
    sagame66
    sorry to bust in on this, do you guys have a link on where I can find this? is it called quick clot? Thanks in advance.
    and what is it used for

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    https://www.narescue.com/all-product..._store=default

Remember:

Tourniquets are for extremities

Quikclot is to plug holes

Dressings cover wounds and holes

Bandaids have a place for minor stuff and are often forgotten these days.

Go online, do a search for “Stop the Bleed” training. And after that take a first aid or wilderness first aid class from Red Cross, American Heart Assn or ASHI.

Toys don’t mean shit without training. That especially applies to medical stuff.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    https://www.narescue.com/all-product..._store=default

Remember:

Tourniquets are for extremities

Quikclot is to plug holes

Dressings cover wounds and holes

Bandaids have a place for minor stuff and are often forgotten these days.

Go online, do a search for “Stop the Bleed” training. And after that take a first aid or wilderness first aid class from Red Cross, American Heart Assn or ASHI.

Toys don’t mean shit without training. That especially applies to medical stuff.

And please, leave tampons out of your FAK.

This is all good info. And thanks for the tip about the NAR discount. I haven't used the QC outside of training, but then again, I haven't been a field guy since it's been introduced. I really should talk to my supply people about stocking it where I work.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Listen, way back when, tampons and pads were what we had, especially since we couldn’t get decent trauma dressings since the hospitals wouldn’t stock them in our supply rooms and the department wouldn’t buy them. They didn’t work well, but they worked better than 4x4s and kerlix. I was in galactic screaming matches with my medical director to get us tourniquets and QC. And then the cunty trauma surgeons whines about thermal damage to tissue with the first gen stuff. They didn’t realize you had to be alive and survive transport to be a patient.