Thread: Stngr handguard

Feedback Score

Stngr handguard

Did a search and could not find what I wanted, Stngr has some good deals but was wondering if their hand guards will hold up to a truck/tractor rifle roll or if they spread back at the receiver if tightened and fail?
    Thanks, 5shank

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    None of us know jack about these guys and this rail (at least no one is saying yet), but their prices are low and its made in the US, so you might give it a shot.

Feedback Score
    Not like this hand guard is going on a front line battle rifle, Just try to stay away from problem parts and this is a great place to get answers.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    One of my friends bought one of these handguards a couple years ago. He had it installed on a 6920 by a random gunsmith, and I would bet money that he looked for the cheapest one he could find. Within a little over 100ish rounds the handgaurd started slowly coming off - it looked to be slipping forward off the barrel nut, not twisting off.

I can't say if that was a result of poor installation, or just the design of the handguard, but that is the only time I saw one in use. After re-tightenning, I don't remember the problem coming back, but the particular rifle didn't see much rounds through it to begin with.