Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polymer AR mags

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jb7304 View Post
    Lancer is also a Pennsylvania company.
    A little more proven and right down the road from me...shame they don't have a retail store at the location...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    267....very local!

Why did they make a new mag? Why did anyone? Why did ETS? Or a plethora of other newish companies? Who cares? If they sell they sell

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I like the finger recesses but at a time when I can get Pmags or Surefeeds at the price they are selling why bother... If they were 9.99 or 10.99 it makes it a little more competitive....

Feedback Score
    I don’t really see anything that sets these mags apart from the crowd. Hexmag for example had the honeycomb grip and grip tape sticker things, plus a color coding scheme for easy ID of different calibers (like 5.56 and 300 black out).

As others have mentioned, there are Pmags, Okay Surefeeds, and plenty others with a lot more history to back them up, and priced lower. It does seem odd to enter a market with a product that doesn’t stand out and is higher priced- doesn’t give much incentive for people to buy or try.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jb7304 View Post
    Lancer is also a Pennsylvania company.
    There’s your answer.
    Although if the goal is for your mags to ‘stand out’, get some spray paint & go nuts. Most of my mags are painted & tagged to identify caliber, except for my transparent Lancers.

Every now and then I think ‘maybe a Hexmag, or Amend2?’ or somebody else. Nothing wrong with dropping the price of a good lunch trying something different, but I also know when I head to the range I just grab a handful of mags I trust. Those oddball one off mags usually just sit. And if you want all your mags the same brand, stick to a proven brand like PMAG, Lancer, Surefeed/Okay, D&H, etc...

I will say I have an oddball collection of mags including Fab Defense, SHK steel & those Bulgarian steel AR mags. The Fab Defense actually feeds smoother than a PMAG in my bolt action Ruger Ranch but in an AR you wouldn’t care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12