Thread: 14.5 BCM "Go To Carbine"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

14.5 BCM "Go To Carbine"

Coming back around to wrap up the completed build to a thread I started asking for advice on aforementioned rifle. I've shot and own a few solid quality ARs but was looking to build a truly dependable rifle and set it up right from the start.

I have a solid exposure with M4 carbines and through my other rifles have developed preferences I used to form this build. That coupled with stellar advice from the forums and a lot of research culminated into what I think is an ideal rifle for me. Feedback always encouraged.

Didn't have an unlimited budget but didn't want to skimp on quality at any point. Didn't go with the absolute highest cost version of each part but think for the mlst part everything is well vetted.

Without further ado, here is the breakdown.

BCM 14.5 midlength upper with pinned comp mod 1

BCM QRF 12 handguard

Geissele BCG

Aero lower

Aero LPK

Centurion arms AST

Radian talon safety

Radian raptor charging handle

BCM mod 3 grip

Magpul fixed carbine stock

Geissele maritime bolt catch

BCM receiver extension and QD end plate

Sprinco blue

H1 buffer

Optics/accessories

Eotech EXPS 3 and G33 magnifier (jury still out on magnifier but so far liking it)

Daniel defense fixed front sight

Magpul mbus pro rear

Modlite PLHV2 18650 with a modbutton light

Haley strategic thorntail scout mount

Arisaka finger stop

Ferro concepts slingster

Certain aspects like the muzzle device and fixed stock were compromises that unfortunately had to be made due to state compliance but I don't think they detract too much.

Only 200 rounds through it so far but the buffer combo has the upper gassed perfectly and everything is running smoothly so far.

20201121_175903.jpg20201121_175839.jpg20201121_175846.jpg20201121_175920.jpg20201121_175914.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by maxpetros; 11-25-20 at 05:49.