Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trybe barrels?

Feedback Score

Trybe barrels?

Does anyone have experience with Trybe AR barrels? I know that they are an Optics Planed brand, but I don't know who builds them. The one I'm looking at is a nitride barrel and well priced, but I don't know and can't find any information about quality, bore concentricity of threads, etc. Comparisons to other brands like Faxon and Ballistic Advantage would be great.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What makes you dwell on this barrel as opposed to known good brands?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I’m not really dwelling, but these barrels are clearly made for OP by a third party. If they are made by a decent manufacturer then price and availability make them attractive. If they aren’t made by a good company or if no information is available I’m definitely going with a known entity.
    Last edited by rye_a; 11-17-20 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    Only thing that turns me away is the wylde chambering. If that does not bother you, get it. Worst case, it last 10K rounds VS 15K. Cost off ammo it wont matter at that point. Barrels are consumables. for the price, I would rock one if they had nato chambers.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Check these out for a US Made quality BBL @ a fair price. https://whitelabelarmory.com/m16-ar1...56-16-m4-4140/ I have both a 16 Carbine gas and a 16 Mid-length and for the $$$ I have no complaints with function or accuracy ! Mine is a 1/7 twist but most all the other specs are the same. This one is 1/8 but should still work fine for ya depending on your bullet/ammo of choice. Sign up for In Stock Notifications and then jump fast cuz the trolls are a trollin and buy stuff fast !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    Only thing that turns me away is the wylde chambering. If that does not bother you, get it. Worst case, it last 10K rounds VS 15K. Cost off ammo it wont matter at that point. Barrels are consumables. for the price, I would rock one if they had nato chambers.
    What, if I may ask, is your concern over WYLDE chambers? Just curious and not meant to be argumentative at all.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    It does not concern me, I just have a preference. I use 5.56 nato only. As I was told, the wydle chamber was middle ground for a mix of .223 and 5.56, so that is not needed for me. I have no issue's with it, and if I ran both .223 and 5.56 I would would be interested in it.

Feedback Score
    Check out the Expo arms barrels at primary Arms. They are chrome lined and priced good. Get very good feedback

Sionics is usually my recommendation under $200 but they are hard to come by these days. Green Mountain is a good option

Many recommendations for BA and Faxon as well, but i have seen a lot of issues as well. With really high demand right now i am guessing the issues will only get worse
    Last edited by everready73; 11-18-20 at 08:41.

Feedback Score
    Here's the response I got from Trybe. My money is on these coming out of Faxon's facility:
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. Our AR barrels are manufactured by reliable and well known manufacturers in the industry. If you are specifically asking about the standard caliber barrels like the .223 and .300 options, those are manufactured in Ohio for us, but I cannot disclose any further information unfortunately.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    In the meantime I picked up a BA barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rye_a View Post
    Here's the response I got from Trybe. My money is on these coming out of Faxon's facility:

In the meantime I picked up a BA barrel.
    Yes Faxon is most likely it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast