Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Larry Vickers Podcast Ep. 3: HK416

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Larry Vickers Podcast Ep. 3: HK416

Larry Vickers does a deep dive into the HK416. Well worth the hour if you're interested in piston gun development and/or newer M16 history:

Last edited by Tokarev; 11-22-20 at 09:51.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    HK certainly has some serious engineering talent.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Larry Vickers does a deep dive into the HK416. Well worth the hour if you're interested in piston gun development and/or newer M16 history:

good video but I'm not a Vickers fan. I think he's a shill to be honest

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    I wouldn't say he's a shill: He's not going to start inserting ads for Simpli-Safe or Raid: Shadow Legends in his videos.

But he was also silent on pistol red dots until Aimpoint (who pays him) released their own pistol red dot.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    This. God bless him. The Lord knows he has done more than most for this country. But it’s widely known that he is what he is...

Feedback Score
    I would like to get a copy of the Vickers guide for AK and AR. I've seen them, they're freaking awesome if you're into that kinda thing

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I once took a class from LAV. He was anything but humble and loved to toot his own horn about the 416 development and his part in it. He told the class the piston system was really for suppressed use and this was where it was better than DI.

Years latter after hearing and reading numerous reports it turns out it sucked suppressed because of bolt carrier velocity. You can see HK acknowledged this by releasing later variants with adjustable gas blocks and modified gas blocks. Sure seems after being out in the field for a while the 416 is not the super uber bestest gun ever Larry touts it to be. But also it seems to keep getting adopted by foreign countries and JSOC still uses it.

Back in the day I thought it was really that cool, now I have a different view.

Edit: after watching I'll give LAV some credit for changing his tone since 2011.
    Last edited by TMS951; 11-24-20 at 10:11.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    This is outstanding. I have heard bits and pieces of the story from classes but for him to put it all together in one hour, along with showing you the guns and their differences is just awesome. This type of stuff is needed for posterity and we need others to do more of it.

He is totally a shill but in a way that all involved are happy with. He only pushes excellent products that he uses all the time and he NEVER misses an opportunity to tell you all about them. Most trainers I know, unless they are jealous bastards have very little bad things to say about Larry.
    Last edited by themonk; 11-24-20 at 10:35. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I once took a class from LAV. He was anything but humble and loved to toot his own horn about the 416 development and his part in it. He told the class the piston system was really for suppressed use and this was where it was better than DI.

Years latter after hearing and reading numerous reports it turns out it sucked suppressed because of bolt carrier velocity. You can see HK acknowledged this by releasing later variants with adjustable gas blocks and modified gas blocks. Sure seems after being out in the field for a while the 416 is not the super uber bestest gun ever Larry touts it to be. But also it seems to keep getting adopted by foreign countries and JSOC still uses it.

Back in the day I thought it was really that cool, now I have a different view.
    I'm surprised anyone listens to him honestly. He's like a walking commercial for his paycheck signer and hardly objective. Take that and include the holier than thou, smug, and looking like he's been smelling $hit all day and it's simple; just turn around and ignore

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I'm surprised anyone listens to him honestly. He's like a walking commercial for his paycheck signer and hardly objective. Take that and include the holier than thou, smug, and looking like he's been smelling $hit all day and it's simple; just turn around and ignore
    I take it you didn’t order up the latest and greatest T2 Vickers logo aimpoint eh?

In any case I want real 416 soooo bad. I’ve had a couple clone iterations over the last few years and I really enjoyed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast