Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Larry Vickers Podcast Ep. 3: HK416

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I take it you didn’t order up the latest and greatest T2 Vickers logo aimpoint eh?

In any case I want real 416 soooo bad. I’ve had a couple clone iterations over the last few years and I really enjoyed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hahahaha, well played!

416 is nice, no doubt! I'm a Colt and LMT guy but would not mind a 416 at all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After watching the video he has tamed down. I took a class from him in 2012 and he is a hard type A personality. I have learned from him after removing his persona from the equation. He knows his stuff and he is paid to sell the products he represents and he does a good job.

I do agree with him when shooting suppressed. Our SWAT team is moving from suppressed Colt 6944's to a piston configuration due to the amount of gas buildup and some failures. They are looking at either LMT or LWRC. My input was LMT if they were not going to go the HK route.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My thoughts on Larry Vickers are that when you've finished a career in Delta Force, much of it in harm's way, then you may criticize if you must. But otherwise, This man has done more to serve his country than most of us can imagine. If he is a "shill" now, then good for him. I for one am glad he has found a way to make a living using the unique skills his country taught him.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    double post

Dan
    Last edited by agr1279; 11-24-20 at 16:32. Reason: double post
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    After the 416 pod cast I watched the Delta 1911 and the SR25 podcasts. I have to say they were very interesting and informative. Goodstuff.

Feedback Score
    The early 416's had some anodizing issues with the lowers.

"Germans don't make aluminum guns"

The HK M110A1 has an aluminum lower (IIRC). The German counterpart (G28?) has a steel lower. To each their own, I guess.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post

The HK M110A1 has an aluminum lower (IIRC). The German counterpart (G28?) has a steel lower. To each their own, I guess.
    I believe it’s the upper that is steel, not the lower. Upper makes sense. The lower would only serve to make it super heavy and do nothing for accuracy.

Feedback Score
    So what is the civilian legal version for the USA
    Doesn’t the barrel have to be 16 inches

It was an interesting video
    I didn’t see his demonstration as a shill
    More like an old timer trying to bring the new guy up to speed QUICK

YMMV

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    After the 416 pod cast I watched the Delta 1911 and the SR25 podcasts. I have to say they were very interesting and informative. Goodstuff.
    I found those episodes to be the most informative so far. I'm a sucker for podcast length videos- out them on in the background and go about your day.

Make sure to check out the Sturmgewehr episode too

Feedback Score
    Personally i loved the podcasts. It reminds me of the old TACTV days. I haven't liked his short form content for the last few years. I'd love to have more podcasts from him.

For people calling him shill i will say this: he may pimp his products but it saves me from the mountains of garbage aftermarket "just as good" mods. I know if his name is on it, it's good to go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast