Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Polymer Lower Receivers? Final Verdict.

Feedback Score

Polymer Lower Receivers? Final Verdict.

1. California is going to impose restrictions on 80% lowers.

2. The "what would Stoner have done" crowd likes to say he would have used the most modern materials if building today and so the polymer lower.

Companies make these now with jigs as a package. Obviously, people in that great western communist state are looking for at least one more lower, just to be safe.

https://www.polymer80.com/arreceivers

I checked the search feature and this discussion last happened in 2015. So, with five more years experience, what say you about polymer lowers?

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    They are out of stock on everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally, I would not even bother with a polymer lower. Unless you are building a dedicated .22LR rifle, stick with aluminum.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Personally, I would not even bother with a polymer lower. Unless you are building a dedicated .22LR rifle, stick with aluminum.
    agree, desperate people do desperate things but this absolutely the last thing I'd do

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    1. California is going to impose restrictions on 80% lowers.

2. The "what would Stoner have done" crowd likes to say he would have used the most modern materials if building today and so the polymer lower.

Companies make these now with jigs as a package. Obviously, people in that great western communist state are looking for at least one more lower, just to be safe.

https://www.polymer80.com/arreceivers

I checked the search feature and this discussion last happened in 2015. So, with five more years experience, what say you about polymer lowers?
    http://www.kearms.com/KP-15-polymer-receiver.aspx

You would probably have to talk to KE arms about getting a 80% though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Well, since you have built so many, this is about 2 1/2 strikes against polymer lowers.

Feedback Score
    Waste of time if on anything bigger than a 22. Had two break at the rear pin/buffer tube area after a few shots. The design does not support the use of such a weak material compared to aluminum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PrarieDog View Post
    Waste of time if on anything bigger than a 22. Had two break at the rear pin/buffer tube area after a few shots. The design does not support the use of such a weak material compared to aluminum.
    I don't like hearing the word "break". That is pretty much the other 1/2 strike for me. I will go with aluminium.

Thank you everyone.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    I don't like hearing the word "break". That is pretty much the other 1/2 strike for me. I will go with aluminium.

Thank you everyone.
    Do more research vs listening to random internet people and getting "strikes"

The polymer lower must be designed from the ground up to use polymer. ie. GWACS or KE arms lowers.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Do more research vs listening to random internet people and getting "strikes"

The polymer lower must be designed from the ground up to use polymer. ie. GWACS or KE arms lowers.
    ^^This 100%
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast