Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What caliber will I be when I grow up??? Custom build thoughts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I have several 5.56, .22LR, and a 9mm SBR.

I personally debate .300BLK or .458 SOCOM but not enough to get myself off the fence. Is there a hole in your lineup. Say a DMR/precision 5.56 or...?
    I did a 458 Socom. Just for something to play with.

Just wish I was able to suppress it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I gave this thread a little more thought:

I'd run a 300BLK or 6ARC if I was gonna do a non 556 build.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I gave this thread a little more thought:

I'd run a 300BLK or 6ARC if I was gonna do a non 556 build.
    I'm kind of down to 300Ham'r or the 6 ARC. Wilson just put their 300 Ham'r w/13 Twist on a serious sale so.... DAM IT!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I have several 5.56, .22LR, and a 9mm SBR.

I personally debate .300BLK or .458 SOCOM but not enough to get myself off the fence. Is there a hole in your lineup. Say a DMR/precision 5.56 or...?
    Not to get too off topic, but I don't even bother with ARs in .22 LR. Every one I've seen and handled has issues. Ditto for 9mm ARs, the operating system is just brutal on internals.

Feedback Score
    6.5 Grendel is a great mid range-to long range round. My most recent build was an 18" Grendel using a criterion barrel. I have an existing Grendel upper as well. I have never had any type of feeding issue, but if I was to guess I would venture to say that some folks using less quality magazines may get them. Stick to ASC and Elander and you will be good to go.
    I would not waste my money on a 6mm. Too new to have any selection of components or proven ammo yet.
    I will also note that I am a fan of an AR in 7.62x39 as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    6.5 Grendel is a great mid range-to long range round. My most recent build was an 18" Grendel using a criterion barrel. I have an existing Grendel upper as well. I have never had any type of feeding issue, but if I was to guess I would venture to say that some folks using less quality magazines may get them. Stick to ASC and Elander and you will be good to go.
    I would not waste my money on a 6mm. Too new to have any selection of components or proven ammo yet.
    I will also note that I am a fan of an AR in 7.62x39 as well.
    YHM just put their x39 barrels on sale also and SERIOUSLY temped there as well. It's the only somewhat reasonable ammo on ammoseek...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    YHM just put their x39 barrels on sale also and SERIOUSLY temped there as well. It's the only somewhat reasonable ammo on ammoseek...
    I have a 16" carbine and a 11" pistol in 7.62x39. They both shoot well with steel cased russian ammo. I did have some initial feeding issues with my 11" pistol, but that ended up being gas related and now shoots very well. I even get 1.5ish MOA using steel case ammo.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Grendel. Steel cased for cheap blasting and match ammo for long range precision. Mags are getting better and more companies getting into the grendel game.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    That looks like a great round, but I've heard about feeding problems with it. I wonder if that's just internet wizards spouting off what their friends might have heard. Not sure if the 300 Ham'r is a big improvement over it and the ammo is certainly more available and less expensive.
    more likely, if true, coming from idiots on forums that go unregulated. Or at least unregulated in things that matter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Soo this one became a 7.62X39. The price was too good to pass up on the YHM barrels and friend agreed to sell me one of his 1K cases for pre-panic price to go with it. So I caved and went simple....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast