Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C.S.M. drop pouch v. Maxpedition/Military Moron drop

Feedback Score

Question C.S.M. drop pouch v. Maxpedition/Military Moron drop

Does anyone have experience with both of these? How many mags does the C.S.M. dump pouch hold? How is the C.S.M. to work with, is it too big? Assume both to be of equal size. Advantages and disadvantages of each. Thanks.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    The thing I dislike most about my CSM is the liner. It's fine with big things like mags but if you're using it for other things, like carrying ammo for topping off your shotgun/pistols in a class, it's a pain. The CSM also does not fold up as small as the MM design.

I have both and for most things, I prefer the MM unit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoni
    The thing I dislike most about my CSM is the liner. It's fine with big things like mags but if you're using it for other things, like carrying ammo for topping off your shotgun/pistols in a class, it's a pain. The CSM also does not fold up as small as the MM design.

I have both and for most things, I prefer the MM unit.

I also use the MM, never tried anything else though. The only thing I have noticed from seeing the CSM during class is it seems to take alot of real-estate on the belts compared to the MM? Anyone confirm?

Feedback Score
    Old pics of my CSM pouch. Doc Mike says alot of shotgun shooters use his pouch. It doesnt seem to take up much real estate on my belt. It can hold 8 30RD AR mags

Feedback Score
    As a straight Dump pouch, I like the CSM. They work really well for what it was designed for........dumping crap into. Its big, stays open so you can get your mags in quickly, and top quality construction.

I have used the fold up Eagle evidence pouch for just that, putting contraband and seized items in and it can function as a dump pouch in a pinch. I won't use anything made by Maxpetion, so I like the Eagle unit.

If you are using it on a L/E belt for putting contraband/evidence in, then the smaller fold up pouches are fine. For using as a true dump pouch for either dumping partial rifle mags in or for use with shotgun rounds, then the CSM pouch is the hot ticket. Doc is highly respected within the community who uses his pouches in tip of the spear operations, and their is a reason for this-they work-period.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti
    As a straight Dump pouch, I like the CSM. They work really well for what it was designed for........dumping crap into. Its big, stays open so you can get your mags in quickly, and top quality construction.
    Yup, well said.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti
    or for use with shotgun rounds, then the CSM pouch is the hot ticket.
    Nope, IMO anyway. The liner does not work well when you're shoving a sweaty/gloved paw in there to fish out shotgun rounds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Although the MM design is good, I also choose not to support Maxpedition and have been very pleased with my CSM gear. Get the Eagle Industries pouch if you want a low-profile, carried-a-lot-used-a-little pouch. The new Eagle LE pouch should also be very GTG (as are virtually all things Eagle).

If you want to carry loose ammo, you might consider the Loose Ammo Bag™/pistol dump pouch from The Wilderness

Aubrey<><

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    What am I missing? Two people have now expressed a desire not to support maxpedition, why?

Feedback Score
    As far as the CSM dump for 12 ga.-I guess everyone is different. I watched some guys from a Tier 1 special operations unit do some amazing 12 ga. reloads out of CSM pouches. Again everyone may have a different spin as to stuff coming out, but will probably all agree that stuff goes in them really well .

As far as Maxpedition, I don't want to start drama on this forum, so I won't drudge up a ton of old dirt. For me, they were involved in craping all over one of my best friends, so I won't drop a dime with them.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Please elaborate on how the liner interferes with ammunition extraction.

Regarding real estate, the three loops do not have to be spread apart. They can be scrunched together and the pouch will still function.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast