Page 67 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Disclosure Thread

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    The key is that Christians believe they can understand the infinite, but in reality they can't. Theology can only take you to a certain point, then you run out of ground to base any understanding on. Many Christians believe that theology and faith is all they need - everything else is superficial and not key to the Plan of Salvation. That's fine, and for many that is all they need. For others it's not enough.

We can begin to understand because God the Holy Spirit renews or regenerates us (the cross is foolishness to those that are perishing), but not foolishness to those that believe, for us, it's life. We should be and are able to grow in that understanding throughout our lives. BUT we will never, even in heaven and glorified (perfected) be able to comprehend everything about God. Even in our perfected state we are still finite creatures, the finite can not contain the infinite. That's perfectly fine with me. My idea of heaven is to see God as He really is, a promise in 1 Cor 13:12, to never get tired of learning at His feet for all eternity. The treasure of heaven isn't physical gold and mansions...it's God Himself...He's the treasure. The infinite fount of all knowledge and wisdom.

Here's a little exercise. You can see with your own eyes @ 120 degrees looking forward, but not all of that is clear and focused, and much of it is peripheral vision. Now imagine being able to see from your body all directions around you, and every possible angle from your body at the same time and clearly. In another words total vision all the way around, top to bottom, including below your feet. That little exercise just with your individual vision takes you to the edge of human comprehension, but then you hit a block. You can try to imagine it, but the mind just won't go there. If that exercise is hard, how can one totally understand the infinite and a being which has no beginning or no end? People talk about a personal relationship with God - that's fine, but you can never have a complete understanding of what its about because of human limitations. And without a full understanding, how can we say with any certainty that we are the only intelligent beings that have ever been created in this universe or others?
    Since we are made in His image, and that has been debated in the church as to what that fully means, I would think it includes the ability to think and reason. We do have imaginations, not really sure God has one, since His mind deals in perfect knowledge. Does He imagine? Or is it that He knows everything possible perfectly? Anyway, because of our fallenness again, those imaginations of ours must be controlled, and turned to good. The history of the world is lousy with what happens when imaginations are turned loose in directions that are objectively evil. So, when we start to imagine that God could do this or that, we must be guarded and use those general principles of the scripture to point that imagination in a righteous direction. My view is that yes, God has the ability to create whatever He wills to create...He's omnipotent, but studying the scriptures, I have come to the conclusion that alien races are untenable scripturally speaking. Am I 100% certain? No. Would I separate from brethren because they held to alien races, probably not. I do consider it an argument from silence though.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 06-11-21 at 13:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Since we are made in His image, and that has been debated in the church as to what that fully means, I would think it includes the ability to think and reason. We do have imaginations, not really sure God has one, since His mind deals in perfect knowledge. Does He imagine? Or is it that He knows everything possible perfectly? Anyway, because of our fallenness again, those imaginations of ours must be controlled, and turned to good. The history of the world is lousy with what happens when imaginations are turned loose in directions that are objectively evil. So, when we start to imagine that God could do this or that, we must be guarded and use those general principles of the scripture to point that imagination in a righteous direction. My view is that yes, God has the ability to create whatever He wills to create...He's omnipotent, but studying the scriptures, I have come to the conclusion that alien races are untenable scripturally speaking. Am I 100% certain? No. Would I separate from brethren because they held to alien races, probably not. I do consider it an argument from silence though.
    I appreciate your candor, and your willingness to engage without letting the discussion devolve into something ugly. My attempts at understanding what may not be fully understood leaves open for a lot of variables. I have found in life there are things you don't expect, and things that don't fit into an orderly and accepted set of rules. I think many Christians like the organized and orderly world - everything in it's place, and a scripture to address anything that could possibly come up. The Bible being the atlas and rule book for your journey thru life. I am the type of person who looks outside the box of accepted thought. I find things in the natural world that I can hold in my hand, and when shown to a theologian, they have a set of answers which seem to be man-made, with a line of thought that shoe-horns everything into religion. Sometimes I think the average Christian should keep everything in perspective and leave spiritual matters to the study of scripture, and not venture into natural sciences with a verse and chapter to fit every scientific phenomena.

I am afraid that if extraterrestrial life is discovered, in some form or another, it would devastate the worldwide Christian community, and maybe other religions. For me, it would have no affect on my faith, and just reinforce my belief that the Supreme Being used a variety of means in setting things in motion in our universe.
    Last edited by OH58D; 06-11-21 at 17:05.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    You've again bought into the idea that these things were so because of the supposed evidence presented by people that are atheists. What planet has had it's atmosphere stripped away? How do they know? Were they there when it happened, supposedly over billions of years? How do they know, not theorize, not hypothesize, but know, that moon was formed from the earth? They weren't there. So they start with materialism, from there only a naturalistic explanation is allowed. One thing I've learned is that cosmologists are good story tellers. Have you ever really studied creationist explanations for these things? People that are scientists that take their faith seriously, starting with the word of God and work from that presupposition. The facts that both of these groups don't really change, but there are no bare facts that ultimately are not interpreted to make sense of them. I find it much more enlightening to go with those scientists that aren't busy trying to destroy the biblical narrative.

As a side question for you. What do you do with all the death and misery that has happened for billions of years, to both animals and quasi-people, prior to Adam when the the scripture explicitly says that death entered by Adams fall? That after God created the earth, that he said it was very good.
    Have you ever stopped to ask how Lucifer ended up in the garden under Adam's authority? He didn't "sneak in," he was a prisoner there. He was a cherub who had previously existed as God's highest ranking creation, who was thrown down for rebelling against God and placed under Adam's authority as humiliating punishment. My best guess is it was God's olive branch, to give him the opportunity to humble himself and repent.

We don't know exactly what he did to be demoted in the first place, but God hints at it here: Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

So there's your answer. One of Lucifer's initial crimes was filling the world with violence. Which goes a long ways to explaining this verse here: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

If the whole earth is perfect, what's to subdue? This verse only makes sense in the context of the restoration of an earth that Lucifer destroyed.

Feedback Score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Lue Elizondo is pretty pissed that the govt won’t admit that the UAPs are non-native. It would be nice if they’d give us the data.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OhThatGuy View Post
    Lue Elizondo is pretty pissed that the govt won’t admit that the UAPs are non-native. It would be nice if they’d give us the data.
    Luis wouldn’t lie to you, now would he.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This sorta stuff is all over SM...

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnWiQ32...87921464320008
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Adobe After Effects? So freaking fake.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    who knows...all sorts of quick lights / floating / spinning pyramids & some of those videos are said via military personnel w/ permission to share.

Comes across as Hologram like imo...I do find them / the reactions entertaining though.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Luis wouldn’t lie to you, now would he.
    I think he's just trying to expose the truth as he sees it. I do think he's trying to put a positive spin on something incredibly evil, but I think that's just his own bias because the plain truth of the evidence is too terrifying for most people to accept. And honestly if I weren't a Christian I'm sure it would terrify me, too, and I would probably be looking for all kinds of ways to rationalize it.

Page 67 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast