Thread: Shooting at Super Bowl parade

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Shooting at Super Bowl parade

Happened in KC. It's being pushed by the media as a mass shooting, which leads people to assume intent by the shooters to kill random strangers. There was at least 2, maybe 3 shooters. It seems more like gang related, or just chit bags getting into a beef and not caring about where they sent the bullets. Of course it's being blamed on lack of gun control.

Bystanders tackled suspected gunman in Kansas City shooting, video shows

Police confirm three people arrested after one killed and at least 21 injured in attack during Chiefs’ Super Bowl victory parade

Video footage has emerged that shows bystanders tackling a suspected gunman in the Super Bowl victory parade shooting, in which a local radio DJ was killed and at least 21 others were injured, including 11 children.

Police confirmed three people were arrested in connection with the shooting, which took place as the celebration for the Kansas City Chiefs was wrapping up near Union Station in Kansas City, Missouri.
    empty plaza strewn with rubbish with a police line across it, in front of a grand station building
    ‘Are my friends dead or not?’ Witnesses describe scenes of panic at deadly Kansas City shooting
    Read more

Trey Filter, a Chiefs fan from Wichita, ran and tackled one of the suspected gunmen who appeared to be fleeing the scene. Filter knocked the man to the ground before another man joined to help him pin the suspect.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-gunman-video
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It will disappear quickly as the shooters appear to be Hamas supporters, illegals and non white.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-15-24 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    It will disappear quickly as the shooters appear to be Hamas supporters, illegals and non white.
    Yep. I was just wondering why the info about the shooters still hasn't been released, but that explains it. If it was a group of white trump supporters, it would be national news and their faces would be blasted on every news channel 24/7.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Was paying attention to this yesterday as the story broke. Quasi local, as I'm only a few hours from KC, have been to the WWI Museum that's across the field from Union Station many times, and my wife had coworkers that were there. Info coming out is horribly confused. Sounds like several shooters, and from some accounts, not all were apprehended. Pictures I've seen show two black kids, and a Hispanic/brown looking individual. Could be terrorism, a mass shooting, or gangbanger activities that harmed the innocent.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looking more and more like some d bag gang banger types, so wrong background to get media focus on them vs the need for more gun control:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When the news started saying multiple shooters who tried to escape I knew it was going to be a gang type shooting. Doesn't fit the MO of a mass shooter.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Briefly saw an MSM image of a couple of weapons "allegedly used". One was AR-15. don't know if barrel length was 16 or less. Stock had been removed. Had a vertical foregrip. I wonder if the shooter had paperwork for an SBR or Any Other Weapon🤔...... Of course, I have no idea how taking the stock off of a rifle without buffer tube modification may/may not change it's classification......

Feedback Score
    There is a definition for an Active Shooter and that of a Mass Shooting. Mass Shooting usually entails some kind of gang/criminal activity. This meets the definition of Mass Shooting. It drives me nuts when the media labels everything a an Active Shooter. Columbine, Virginia Tech and such were Active Shooter events.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    Briefly saw an MSM image of a couple of weapons "allegedly used". One was AR-15. don't know if barrel length was 16 or less. Stock had been removed. Had a vertical foregrip. I wonder if the shooter had paperwork for an SBR or Any Other Weapon��...... Of course, I have no idea how taking the stock off of a rifle without buffer tube modification may/may not change it's classification......
    Saw that too but have not been able to find it again.
    Looked like AR pistol configuration with bare buffer tube and what looked like a FDE 40rd Magpul mag.

AR pistol and ammo capacity will be renewed talking points.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Active: adjective
    in a state of action; moving, working, or doing something. busy or involved

The term of art originally meant an ongoing event. IR: taking place right now. Not a particular type of event (lone shooter vs gang)

This is a case of media misusing a term of art to the point that it started to change meaning.