Page 7 of 140 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Disclosure Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Your website won't load for me. So do they have some insight concerning ufos...fast moving vehicles?
    Loaded slow for me but eventually opened.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That is exactly what science is. No one woke up knowing water is two hydrogen atoms plus one oxygen atom. Science the methodical process of not knowing after someone asked a Q "what's water made of?" -> knowing. Knowing comes from hypothesis, experimentation, results, etc. It's that simple.

Some Qs may never have a definitive answer, are best guess by science, based on existing lines of evidence. All of Einsteins theorems existed as math only until they were tested via experimentation. All of them were confirmed, many of which existed before the tech existed to test them.

That you/we don't understand something, does not mean others don't. To me it's the height of irony to have these discussions over a computer communicating over wires and satellites and such, all existing due to Einsteins theoretical works.

I really think this thread should get back on topic...
    Still not science, that’s conjecture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

What experiment can we reproduce that shows how life originated?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    What experiment can we reproduce that shows how life originated?
    Do you apply this standard to the formation of stars, planets, geology, or anything else that takes orders of magnitude longer than the span of a human life? While one cannot experimentally reproduce these things a theory that sufficiently explains them is practical knowledge. There is no such theory of abiogenesis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Do you apply this standard to the formation of stars, planets, geology, or anything else that takes orders of magnitude longer than the span of a human life? While one cannot experimentally reproduce these things a theory that sufficiently explains them is practical knowledge. There is no such theory of abiogenesis.
    Have to disagree. An explanation for some macro event isn't knowledge. A theory might be reasonable considering the starting assumptions. Some starting assumption are not too reasonable.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Still not science, that’s conjecture.
    Conjecture, via hypothesis, is an essential aspect of science. It's literally where it all begins.

Origin of life, via Abiogenesis, panspermia, or God(s) did it, already covered before.

Again, time for thread to get back on track.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 12-04-20 at 18:18.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Have to disagree. An explanation for some macro event isn't knowledge. A theory might be reasonable considering the starting assumptions. Some starting assumption are not too reasonable.
    "Practical knowledge" may have been a poor choice of phrase, nevertheless I believe there is a domain between total ignorance and personal observation of directly reproducible events.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Trusting of men?

LOL!!!
    Didn't really say trust in men, but that since you believe that "rights" originated in the minds of men, that's the only place they can be anchored. There is nothing left. And since they're anchored in the minds of men, then it follows that they have the weight of men's opinions, they are just a preference. Those in power have shown quite a variance in preferences haven't they.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don’t agree philosophically with Will, but I do agree with his notion on getting back on topic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...gs-ncna1235395

Predictive programming. Bonus points for anyone who finds an UAP article with the numbers 33 or 322 in it.

Feedback Score
    . . . . I do agree with his notion on getting back on topic..
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don’t agree philosophically with Will, but I do agree with his notion on getting back on topic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...gs-ncna1235395

Predictive programming. Bonus points for anyone who finds an UAP article with the numbers 33 or 322 in it.
    Not sure where we differ philosophically but people who want to discuss/debate Abiogenesis, panspermia, or God(s) should start their own thread at this point.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 7 of 140 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast