Page 4 of 140 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Disclosure Thread

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    The existence of aliens has no bearing on my belief in an Almighty God or all other beliefs I have as a Christian.

If I believe in an omnipotent being, how can I limit Him to just one creation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe the same, I just think that's a great question to ponder.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    If you are saying that we are the result of “alien implants “ on the Earth, you still have to tell me where they came from.

The Big Bang has to do one thing that science says it physically impossible...create life from non life.

I have no trouble with that quandary being solved by God.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I believe the same, I just think that's a great question to ponder.
    I agree it is good to look at stuff from a different perspective.

You can any to have a really interesting perspective that blows away “conventional” science, rent the video “Is Genesis History?”

I found it fascinating and actually makes a LOT of sense!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The existence of aliens has no bearing on my belief in an Almighty God or all other beliefs I have as a Christian.

If I believe in an omnipotent being, how can I limit Him to just one creation?

Theologically that position would have some serious problems. Speculating about what God might have done goes beyond what the scriptures teach in my view (Sola Scriptura).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you are saying that we are the result of “alien implants “ on the Earth, you still have to tell me where they came from.

The Big Bang has to do one thing that science says it physically impossible...create life from non life.

Where does science claim that? Science does not offer any answers there, only hypothesis of various possible routes. Minus a time machine, it's unlikely we will ever know the answer to that one. Is it possible some higher consciousness from God(s) to aliens got the process started on earth? Sure, but it's not a testable hypothesis nor is there any evidence for it. The Intelligent Design which amounts to "It's too complicated, so God did it" approach of no value from a scientific POV.

Maybe said higher consciousness got things started and went hands off after that as a cosmic experiment, or maybe it/they guided things here and there, and so forth. Again, it's not a testable hypothesis nor is there any evidence for it. Science does not care how/what/where things happen, it, as a process, hypothesis based on some evidence, and an attempt to fill in the gaps where it can.

Everything else is philosophy and or religion.

Personally I don't have an issue with the idea a higher consciousness got things started, but minus actual evidence, we are left with the various models and "God did it" does not make forward progress in understanding the universe, all things big and small.

I think it would be really cool if one day we dig down to the very bottom of all things in the quantum level and discover a code that says "I did it all you morons, signed God" but I will not hold my breath on that one. I tell you what, one of the best vids I have seen on the nature of consciousness, which does not deny the possibility of a grand universal consciousness, is below. He comes from a religious background and may have "solved" - as well as such things can be - one of the biggest Qs mankind has ever asked since looking up into the night sky at e stars and pondering how we got here:

Last edited by WillBrink; 12-03-20 at 09:18.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    This question was asked online a year or so ago, but it might be fun to ponder here.

If Aliens show up; look exactly like us, same species and everything, would that make the belief in God more reasonable or less reasonable?
    More interesting to me is, what if they tell us we got it all wrong, their God, the 3 headed lizard thingy, is the right God and their books older, etc, etc. Now we have the "my God is better than your God" routine between species. If humanity is any guide, those with the better weapons and tactics always end up forcing their version of God(s) down the throats of those who don't see it that way. I don't think we would fair well under that scenario and some scientists don't actually think looking for/contacting intelligent life out there is actually a good idea:

https://www.sciencealert.com/stephen...-out-to-aliens
    Last edited by WillBrink; 12-03-20 at 09:15.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    More interesting to me is, what if they tell us we got it all wrong, their God, the 3 headed lizard thingy, is the right God and their books older, etc, etc. Now we have the "my God is better than your God" routine between species. If humanity is any guide, those with the better weapons and tactics always end up forcing their version of God(s) down the throats of those who don't see it that way. I don't think we would fair well under that scenario and some scientists don't actually think looking for/contacting intelligent life out there is actually a good idea:

https://www.sciencealert.com/stephen...-out-to-aliens
    There is another good angle on that I agree. It almost feels odd expanding to any other line of thinking that large lol
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Where does science claim that? Science does not offer any answers there, only hypothesis of various possible routes. Minus a time machine, it's unlikely we will ever know the answer to that one. Is it possible some higher consciousness from God(s) to aliens got the process started on earth? Sure, but it's not a testable hypothesis nor is there any evidence for it. The Intelligent Design which amounts to "It's too complicated, so God did it" approach of no value from a scientific POV.

Maybe said higher consciousness got things started and went hands off after that as a cosmic experiment, or maybe it/they guided things here and there, and so forth. Again, it's not a testable hypothesis nor is there any evidence for it. Science does not care how/what/where things happen, it, as a process, hypothesis based on some evidence, and an attempt to fill in the gaps where it can.

Everything else is philosophy and or religion.

Personally I don't have an issue with the idea a higher consciousness got things started, but minus actual evidence, we are left with the various models and "God did it" does not make forward progress in understanding the universe, all things big and small.

I think it would be really cool if one day we dig down to the very bottom of all things in the quantum level and discover a code that says "I did it all you morons, signed God" but I will not hold my breath on that one. I tell you what, one of the best vids I have seen on the nature of consciousness, which does not deny the possibility of a grand universal consciousness, is below. He comes from a religious background and may have "solved" - as well as such things can be - one of the biggest Qs mankind has ever asked since looking up into the night sky at e stars and pondering how we got here:

Good post and points.

You are right, science doesn’t say you can’t get life from non-life matter.

My words were not chosen well. My point I failed to make is that abiogenesis has not been proven. There are lots of theories, but we can’t do it as far as I am aware.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Good post and points.

You are right, science doesn’t say you can’t get life from non-life matter.

My words were not chosen well. My point I failed to make is that abiogenesis has not been proven. There are lots of theories, but we can’t do it as far as I am aware.
    Yes, has not been proven and we can't do it yet. All we have is various lines of evidence that life started at an approx time, and how it started remains a mystery. Short of a time machine, that one will likely remain the best guess of science. People are not comfortable with such unknowns and it's often they, not being scientists, that put words in the mouth of science. Those who study that topic - evolutionary biologists etc - will tell you they don't have a clue how life began on earth, and currently best guess, which does have some supporting lines of evidence, is abiogenesis as there's no other line of evidence to suggest otherwise. There's not a single evolutionary biologists who would claim abiogenesis has been proven as the only route life on earth started, only that it's the only hypothesis they really have to work with from a science POV. "God did it" just does not quite cover it for science until there is some evidence some higher consciousness was part of it. I kinds like the idea that perhaps the answer is more amazing than anything we have even considered, but it currently comes down to three possibilities: abiogenesis, panspermia, God(s) did it.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 12-03-20 at 12:22.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It’s interesting that “science” needs that one free miracle for their otherwise snooty totally rational, fact-based model to work...

Page 4 of 140 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast