Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFA Durning ‘94 AWB?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

NFA Durning ‘94 AWB?

Though I was a gun owner (I purchased my first gun in ‘93) I spent a lot of time overseas durning the ‘90s & ‘00s and wasn’t a true “gun guy” until 2010 when I final purchased my first AR. My question is for those of you who had or acquired NFA items during the ’94 Assault Weapons Ban. Were there any additional limitations or restrictions to SBRs during the ban?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    Though I was a gun owner (I purchased my first gun in ‘93) I spent a lot of time overseas durning the ‘90s & ‘00s and wasn’t a true “gun guy” until 2010 when I final purchased my first AR. My question is for those of you who had or acquired NFA items during the ’94 Assault Weapons Ban. Were there any additional limitations or restrictions to SBRs during the ban?
    No ——-

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    Were there any additional limitations or restrictions to SBRs during the ban?
    The 1994 ban was a friggin joke. There were massive amounts of gutless turds who could stand nothing better than to dry hump that ban with compliance.

That part of it was sad... booger eaters milling off bayo studs and such. I was proactively violating with every chance I could.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The 1994 ban was a friggin joke. There were massive amounts of gutless turds who could stand nothing better than to dry hump that ban with compliance.

That part of it was sad... booger eaters milling off bayo studs and such. I was proactively violating with every chance I could.
    Did we just become best friends!

Feedback Score
    I got my machine gin collection out of the 94 ban. I sold every one of my semi autos for huge amounts of money and replaced them all with machine guns and ammo. The weekend after the ban was signed the gun shows were a zoo. I found a dealer selling a HK94 in the box for $800, I bought it and sold it before I walked 5 ft for $3K. I sold my worn out NM Springfield M-1A for $5K and a Colt A2 sporter for $2K.

I bought my Stoner 63A for 12K that year.
    Firearms engineer for hire on a piece work basis.

http://weaponblueprints.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got in towards the end so I didn't know there was a before. As far as I knew 10 round mags were it and rifles needed a butthole stock.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

NFA Durning ‘94 AWB?

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

How were you violating? Everything manufactured before the ban was grandfathered. None of the people I know (I’ve been a dealer since 1983) modified anything that had built already.

Never mind; I suspect you meant that you continued to build full featured rifles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Steve Shannon; 11-27-20 at 08:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SBRs were not exempt from the 94 ban. You could have no more than two features from the list, which meant detachable mag and pistol grip. No flash hider, threaded barrel, bayo lug, or folding/collapsing stock. And no sound suppressor use on a post-94 sbr because it fit criteria for a flash suppressor per ATF.

I debated buying a post-94 Speshul Weponz mp5 clone during the ban era, but decided against it due to the limitations in configuration. I ultimately started buying MGs in 02 when I started making money.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 12-01-20 at 22:45.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    I got my machine gin collection out of the 94 ban. I sold every one of my semi autos for huge amounts of money and replaced them all with machine guns and ammo. The weekend after the ban was signed the gun shows were a zoo. I found a dealer selling a HK94 in the box for $800, I bought it and sold it before I walked 5 ft for $3K. I sold my worn out NM Springfield M-1A for $5K and a Colt A2 sporter for $2K.

I bought my Stoner 63A for 12K that year.

Winning. Stoner 63A for $12k in 94. Wow. I was in highschool in 94 and my father was not supportive of owning MGs. He changed his tune in 2000.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Winning. Stoner 63A for $12k in 94. Wow. I was in highschool in 94 and my father was not supportive of owning MGs. He changed his tune in 2000.
    I bought a DIAS for $695 in I think 1992. One of the other dealers I knew said I was stupid to pay that much and would never get my money out of it. I traded it a few years later for a Swedish K and M37 Browning.
    Firearms engineer for hire on a piece work basis.

http://weaponblueprints.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast