Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geissele super duty

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The REBCG is proprietary isn’t it? I vaguely remember seeing that they altered the cam pin path so it won’t work with standard BCGs and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, the cam pin on the Super Duties are of a non standard dimension and require uppers to be relieved to fit. Retail REBCGs have standard cam pin dimensions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    OP,

The Geissele is good to go. I have a few BCMs and and 2 Geissele Super Duties (a 10.3” UGR-I upper and a 18” complete rifle). I love BCM but IMHO the Super Duty a tad bit nicer. I like the Nano BCG a lot. Unless you are looking for a different barrel profile or muzzle device I’d go with the Super Duty.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    All G barrels are the same profile I believe. Not technically SOCOM but definitely a heavy profile with a taper.

This is a bit disappointing. I don't see the point of a heavy barrel in a semi-automatic, non spr type weapon. Otherwise these seem to be very interesting guns
    Last edited by signal4l; 11-27-20 at 19:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    This is a bit disappointing. I don't see the point of a heavy barrel in a semi-automatic, non spr type weapon. Otherwise these seem to be very interesting guns
    While I don't own a Geissele, the barrel profile is similar to the Hodge (which I do have) if I'm not mistaken. Not SOCOM, not LW, and definitely not Government profile. Kind of a "medium" if you will.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    No, the cam pin on the Super Duties are of a non standard dimension and require uppers to be relieved to fit. Retail REBCGs have standard cam pin dimensions.
    So if you bought a REBCG that was not part of a whole rifle or upper (i.e. by itself) it will work with any upper?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    So if you bought a REBCG that was not part of a whole rifle or upper (i.e. by itself) it will work with any upper?
    Correct.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Nah, heavy profile is best profile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Nah, heavy profile is best profile
    Well it's heavier, not really "heavy" per se. In addition to the Hodge it reminds me of Sionic's medium profile from what I've seen and read.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    They have benefits like heat resistance and tend to be more accurate and have less POI shift with cans I think. I love BCM's ELW barrels but the taper is the most important thing IMO. I'd definitely be ok with a 10.3-11.5, maybe a 14.5.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I've had this MFer slung for 5-8 hours at a time. It gets old pretty quickly. Everyone I hand it to notices the weight.

I dumped the B5 SOPMOD to save 2-3 oz but wish they'd swap the Mk16 for the Mk14. This rail is deceptively heavy at 15oz for 13.5".

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast