Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geissele super duty

Feedback Score
    I went ahead and picked up an od green upper for my bcm lower, what buffer do you guys run with yours? Its the 14.5 and wont be suppressed.
    Last edited by MrLegalAce777; 11-26-20 at 12:11.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I believe Geissele ships the complete rifles with H2 buffers and recommends the use of the same when used in conjunction with their complete uppers.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hi-wayman View Post
    I have 16" guns from all 3, Geissele SD, BCM, and DD. If I could only keep one, it would be the Geissele hands down.
    What is superior about the Geissele?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Does Geissele make use of any lightweight barrels?

All of the reviews I have read regarding their super duties mentions the use of heavy (socom ?)profile barrel.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLegalAce777 View Post
    I know geissele makes good stuff but is this super duty rifle really "duty" grade?
    Are you 'duty grade'? Have a history of breaking carbines? Shoot a case a month or more?

It will work for whatever light duty you throw at it.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Superior? That is a strong word. I like all 3 and would give any of them a thumbs up. I just "like" the the total package of the Geissele more.

The Geissele is the 16" DDC Super Duty from last years black friday sale. I think it has the best rail of the 3. other high points for me, factory ambi charging handle and safety (no mush, positive detents), the enhanced bolt with the "nano" coating (cleanup is a breeze), the trigger is great (I admit to being spoiled on triggers). Very smooth rifle cycling and controls. I did change the grip and may change the muzzle device with a Deadair Keymo to use my existing suppressor with. I have added a finger stop and Ariska mounted Surefire. Sling and Razor 1x6 on a Bobro and its complete.

BCM is a Recce precision. I really like the feel of the hand guard, but feel the G is more robust. Finger stop, POF ambition selector, and LaRue MBT-2s only changes. With a Steiner 1x4 on an Aero mount, its light and handles well.

DD is older M4V7. The "Slim" handguard (non mlok) feels good but seems heavy. POF ambi, MOE+ grip, Vltor stock, SSA-E trigger, and Keymo brake. It shares the Razor with the G (recorded zero settings for each). This rifles high point is it will shoot 77 OTM well. A good day has 10 rounds in a 1" group.

All variations on theme to suite me and my old eyes and they all work well, the G just feels better to me

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLegalAce777 View Post
    I am thinking about picking up a 14.5 geissele supper duty with their chf barrel but before I do where do you guys think these upper ranks with companies like bcm and dd?
    I bought my 14.5" DDC Super Duty with the expectation of it having an extended gas system. Turns out "Super Midlength" is just Geissele talk for a regular midlength. Only 16" guns get the extended system. I've got over 1K rounds on it since June through zeroing, personal training, and letting students shoot a few rounds through it in local classes. Zero malfunctions so far that weren't induced. It's even had some Monarch steel run through it without a hiccup. I've not shot it beyond 100Y but it's more than accurate enough for my uses. 1.5 MOA with XM193, you can probably do better with like better ammo.

It's a fantastic package.

It's also a really expensive, standard midlength gun that's heavier than it needs to be & really doesn't really bring a whole lot (REBCG aside) to the table that you can't get elsewhere. And it doesn't even come with BUIS or a rear QD plate. The recent price increase makes the value proposition even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Does Geissele make use of any lightweight barrels?

All of the reviews I have read regarding their super duties mentions the use of heavy (socom ?)profile barrel.
    All G barrels are the same profile I believe. Not technically SOCOM but definitely a heavy profile with a taper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The REBCG is proprietary isn’t it? I vaguely remember seeing that they altered the cam pin path so it won’t work with standard BCGs and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast