Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Duty Grade LVPO suggestions

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Sig's winning things left and right, and it's clearly been about political connections rather than truly making the best gear. So the fact that they won the contract might not be the best standard by which to measure its quality. That said, I don't say this to dismiss the Tango6; if it's good, it's good. I'm just curious how it stacks up to the similarly priced Razor II.
    Assuming they're in the same price realm (I think they are), I just don't know why anyone would choose the Sig or Geissele over the Razor. IMO, sorted by price, it looks like the following: Viper PST Gen II, P4Xi, Razor 1-6, Khales 1-6/NX8, Razor 1-10, ATACR. There are obviously other but I think those are the big ones that most people default to, for good reason.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Geissele is also a good option: https://geissele.com/optics/super-precision-optics.html
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I’ve been kind of interested in those. I haven’t been able to find any images or video of the reticle illumination on 1x. How does it stack up against some of the others?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have been very curious about that one as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looking at the Tango 1-6 and Razor 1-6 specs, general appearance, and both being made for, not made by, I wonder if they aren't made at the same place with minor differences kind of like the suspicion on Vortex Strike Eagles and the PA ACSS scopes of similar features/prices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AO777 View Post
    Looking to get into the LVPO game. Selling my T-1 so I'll have some cash to put towards a new optic. I'm considering these in the following order: Voretx Viper PST Gen 2 1-6, Trijicon Accupoint 1-4, and of course the Steiner 1-4. I'd love to jump straight to a Razor since this might end up on a work gun once I've got enough behind it, but that's a little out of budget right now. Not sure if one of the above are "good enough" or if its better to just keep saving.

I'd appreciate any input from those with with experience with the above or any other viable options in the sub $1,000 range.
    I have the 1-4 accupoint and for a 0-300yd optic it’s hard to beat on weight clarity and 1x. I will say that for printing small groups there are other options. I have looked at the the new credo 1-6 sfp in person and it was very impressive. I was able look at it side by side with the razor 1-10. The credo sfp has a segmented circle BDC like the old 1-4 Accupower had. But the credo 1-6 has apparently fixed the brightness issues that originally plagued Accupower’s.

Feedback Score
    For those who have used both the Gen II and Gen III Razors, are the Gen IIIs worth the extra money?

Also, for those who mostly used RDS's, how long did it take to get used to using the LPVO on 1x for up close and quick shooting?
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 12-18-20 at 20:36.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For those who have used both the Gen II and Gen III Razors, are the Gen IIIs worth the extra money?

Also, for those who mostly used RDS's, how long did it take to get used to using the LPVO on 1x for up close and quick shooting?
    Only if you need the magnification. There isn’t any difference in quality.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    What makes you say it's a good option? I've heard nothing but negatives about it. Heavy weight, mushy turrets, mediocre glass, extremely heavy force needed to change magnification and brightness, not submersible, etc.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 12-18-20 at 21:49.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I have both and Yes and no. For a GP sub 16” carbine I don’t know if it’s really necessary. The G3 is better suited for an SPR/308 setup IMO. Of course for that purpose a side focus/parallax adjustment would be a nice feature.

I only have played with them at shot show and pretty much everything you’ve said. The glass wasn’t terrible, I’d put it in the same category as the PST gen 2, but for the price it’s too much (as are most G labeled items lately)

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    What makes you say it's a good option? I've heard nothing but negatives about it. Heavy weight, mushy turrets, mediocre glass, extremely heavy force needed to change magnification and brightness, not submersible, etc.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 12-18-20 at 23:14.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast