Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Duty Grade LVPO suggestions

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    You have to sign up for expert voice which is their pro deal vendor.
    G&R actually has a better price and gets them in stock far more often though.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    For under $1000, you can find used Nightforce NXS 1-4's in excellent condition. While not daytime bright, the FC-2 and FC-3G reticles are bold and easy to pick up. And, of course, the optic is bomb-proof. I've used Accupoints and Accupowers on duty and felt their performance to be lackluster though they are well-built. The Bushnell SMRS 1-6.5 is heavy, but robust, and the reticles are also easy to use despite not having daylight-bright illumination. This only applies to the SFP models, the reticle on 1x in the FFP model is useless.

Feedback Score
    I know Primary Arms makes a lot of optics (magnified, red dots, LPVOs, prism sights) in that budget range that get pretty good reviews, but whether they are "duty grade" or not depends on how one defines that.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 Steiner scopes. They are very good. Are they "Duty Grade," As mentioned, depends how you define the term. Both of mine have seen many rounds go downrange without any issues. I also have the Razor Gen2 E. It is very robust and if forced to call it duty grade, I would. It is definitely a step up from the viper and actually lighter. They are on sale for $1,150 at europtics. https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-raz...iflescope.aspx

Additionally, liberty optics usually has the best prices on vortex, so check them out.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    I appreciate it, I think I’m
    Leaning towards just saving up for the Razor at this point. Buy once cry once!

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if you'd consider the Sig Tango6 1-6, they've won several military contracts and I think the FBI.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmnielsen View Post
    I've used/owned all you listed, along with Gen II-E Razor.

Save up for the Razor. It's a pretty incredible optic and I can't imagine it letting you down in any way. My second pick would be the Steiner 1-4. Glass is very good on that and the red dot is quite bright. I regret selling the one that I had. After that would be PST Gen 2. The optics aren't as good as the Steiner, and the dot is not as bright. I used a couple of these at a Vortex range day and liked them though, and no issue engaging targets at 600yds with them. I felt the Accupoint was OK, but not better than the rest.
    I agree with this. Looks like you can find a Gen II-E Razor for sale this weekend around $1,150. I think its worth it, especially coming from an Aimpoint. The Gen II-E Razor has the best "like a red dot" abilities at 1x that I have seen.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I'm not sure if you'd consider the Sig Tango6 1-6, they've won several military contracts and I think the FBI.

And on sale right now at EuroOptic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post

Sig's winning things left and right, and it's clearly been about political connections rather than truly making the best gear. So the fact that they won the contract might not be the best standard by which to measure its quality. That said, I don't say this to dismiss the Tango6; if it's good, it's good. I'm just curious how it stacks up to the similarly priced Razor II.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Sig's winning things left and right, and it's clearly been about political connections rather than truly making the best gear. So the fact that they won the contract might not be the best standard by which to measure its quality. That said, I don't say this to dismiss the Tango6; if it's good, it's good. I'm just curious how it stacks up to the similarly priced Razor II.
    I can't argue with that and I see virtually no reviews online for them.

That being said I have the Tango4 1-4 and for the money it's good but it's considerably less expensive than the 6.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast