With political unrest running rampant in this country, as well as the looting and rioting that liberal governments are refusing to curb, it makes sense that we take a few minutes to think about the gear we use daily, might use daily, or have but hope we never have to use.

I would like to use this thread as an all purpose and generic thread that everyone is free to post in, as well as ask questions. Whether you are showing firearms, pictures of food supplies, your smokehouse, offroad vehicles, bug out bags, plate carrier or LBE/ LBV, or you want to post and talk about your communications setups, its all good to go. If for some reason you are worried about black helicopters circling your house, just say the gear belongs to a friend. No need for people to post things they aren't comfortable with, or personal info, but we can all help each other out.

I'll start with a simple setup that sees daily use, sometimes for short periods of time, and sometimes all day.

The belt is a padded model from Tactical Tailor, as is the 4 point "H" harness. There are extra padding pieces on the shoulder (not shown), which pay for themselves if you have bad back, shoulders, or both.

The pistol is a Glock 17 with Surefire X300 light, and the holster is a Safariland model with rotating/ locking hood piece. I use this because I have seen pistols get accidentally removed from kydex and leather holsters. Guns falling from the sky may be a miracle sometimes, but it stinks if its your gun that goes flying when you roll your Quad or fall into a stream. The locking feature is mandatory for any duty or outside gun. Actually, I think its mandatory anytime I'm not CCW'ing a weapon.

The knife is from DPxGear, and is a 6" fixed blade. I like large knives, and if I'm doing work outside, a 6" beats a 4" or 3" any day of the week in my book. I always keep a sharp folding knife on my person, so if for some reason I need a second blade, I have one in my pocket. The position of the knife is because it works well in or out of vehicles, and I can draw AND sheath the knife one handed without looking (carefully). If I need to grab and cut something which has snagged me, its easy to do.

The weak side/ off side has pistol magazines, and a rifle mag. I don't carry millions of rounds, water, or medical gear. However, this isn't the only gear setup that I use. Knife, gun and light have been highly effective for me through my military and law enforcement career, and I have found I use all three of them on a very frequent basis. Even if you are out in the woods, coyotes, weed farms, meth labs or other issues can easily pop up. More than once I've run into crazy people off duty, and more than once they have seen a firearm and decided to go off on their way.