Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recall on SIG Cross bolt guns

Feedback Score
    I love Sig so much!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What parts are being replaced in the Sig rifle?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I thought I would resurrect this after its 6+ months silence. I picked up a cross (6.5 CM), and its had to go back to Sig for an out-of-align barrel (my diagnosis). I wasn't able to zero a 30mm Vortex LHT as there was not enough windage in this optic's 30 mm tube. Sig's CS has been super easy to work with. The accuracy of the Rifle was impressive. I shot three different factory loads (Hornady 147 ELD-M, Hornady 120 AMAX, and Norma 140 match hunters), and the accuracy with all three was impressive. Initial shooting was around .4-.75 moa so the accuracy is definitely there. My goal was to handload the ELD-Xs for it or shoot the Norma 140s.

I was impressed with the robustness of the bolt and barrel extension, after all its made for the .277 Fury. This is probably where most of the rifle's weight is. Trigger was really good and broke at a consistent 2.25 lbs. Mine was post-recall and has the middle position in using the safety. The stock locks up solid and the adjustability, and the folding design works really well. Handguard is very light, thin, but I won't be mounting anything but a bipod. I had to grind down the bolts on a M-Lok, aluminum picatinny rail as they would have touched the barrel. I plan to run a SilencerCO Omega 30 on it.

If I run my Vortex LHT 4.5-30, this will be a great lightweight hunting rifle if the barrel comes back strait.

Blessings,

BC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Update,

Unfortunately, the rifle did not come back in much better condition. I had to settle on a Primary Arms 4-16 with the ACSS reticle. The optic has enough windage to work and is light enough to satisfy my needs. The previous Vortex attempt did not have enough windage adj to correct the lack of ability to zero.

Before buying a Sig Cross, I would caution potential buyers to research this issue as it seems to be more prevalent then I ever knew about. My buddies Cross has a similar issue but not as extreme as mine.

Blessings,

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Recall on SIG Cross bolt guns

This is so depressing. For the price, this rifle should not have these issues!

Im looking for a lite weight hunting set up. Would you still recommend this rifle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FrankW; 06-19-22 at 07:29.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankW View Post
    This is so depressing. For the price this rifle should have these issues!

Im looking for a lite weight hunting set up. Would you still recommend this rifle?
    It doesn't seem like a good choice at this point in time.

A Tikka T3X TAC A1 is $400 more than the Sig. A Bergara B14 Wilderness HMR is about $500 less than the Sig. I ended up slightly modding my non-Wilderness HMR to stop cartridges loaded to 2.850" OAL from getting hung up, but it only took a few minutes.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    It doesn't seem like a good choice at this point in time.

A Tikka T3X TAC A1 is $400 more than the Sig. A Bergara B14 Wilderness HMR is about $500 less than the Sig. I ended up slightly modding my non-Wilderness HMR to stop cartridges loaded to 2.850" OAL from getting hung up, but it only took a few minutes.
    This is killing me. Those are great choices but the cross is still the lite weight compact winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123