Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recall on SIG Cross bolt guns

Feedback Score

Recall on SIG Cross bolt guns

Definite safety issues here. Testing starts around the 25 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM0eq_FfDNs

https://www.sigsauer.com/blog/safety...t-action-rifle

NEWINGTON, N.H., (November 25, 2020) – Today Sig Sauer, Inc. is announcing a safety recall for the CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle, and consumers should immediately discontinue use of the rifle. This recall applies to all CROSS Bolt-Action rifles currently manufactured.

Sig Sauer has viewed an online video that presents a single CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle with a potential safety concern. This gun has been returned to Sig Sauer and upon evaluation it has been confirmed that the rifle exhibited a delayed discharge after the trigger was pulled. Sig Sauer has decided to issue a safety recall in order to implement a modification to the firing action to address this potential safety concern.

To register for the recall process please visit sigsauer.com/crossrecall or call Sig Sauer Customer Service at 603-610-3000, option 1. Following registration Sig Sauer will further communicate with you to arrange for the return of your rifle to Sig Sauer for the safety improvement. All shipment and replacement costs will be covered by Sig Sauer.

Sig Sauer is committed to providing the highest quality, industry leading firearms in the marketplace and is requesting that consumers take immediate action and follow the recall process as described.
    Last edited by Slater; 11-25-20 at 16:26.

Feedback Score
    Good Lord, a Nutnfancy vid. I don't have an hour to listen to him talk about something that can be summed up in less than 60 seconds. Nutnfancy video drinking game: take a drink every time he says "POU", "second type of cool", or rocks a chest mounted velcro universal holster.

I'm just being hard on the guy, I actually like him.

Good info re: the Sig Cross. Hopefully they resolve it, as the concept is great.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My buddy waited Dailey to get this rifle. Was so excited. Big Glock guy. So pissed at Sig now.

He ran 40 rounds through his with no issue. But how the fck do you release a gun this messed up after missing the release date by 4 ever.

Sig screwed this one. Big time and I like my 226 and MPX GUNS. But this is hard to swallow. Man oh man.

PB

Feedback Score
    I’ll wait until they get all the bugs out before I consider one. It certainly looks like it could be a great lightweight hunting rifle and perhaps more.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    A recall on a newly designed SIG firearm....what a surprise

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    A recall on a newly designed SIG firearm....what a surprise
    Right! Talk about something that is now the standard in how they do business.

Feedback Score
    Somewhere in New Hampshire Kevin Brittingham is dancing in his shop after Sig ripped off The Fix.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The real travesty is that they keep getting selected for contracts...even though they’re clearly plagued with reliability issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    My buddy waited Dailey to get this rifle. Was so excited. Big Glock guy. So pissed at Sig now.

He ran 40 rounds through his with no issue. But how the fck do you release a gun this messed up after missing the release date by 4 ever.

Sig screwed this one. Big time and I like my 226 and MPX GUNS. But this is hard to swallow. Man oh man.

PB

Although I do not considering Nutnfacy an authority on the matter, taking into account sigs track record over the past decade or so, I am incline to not question his account.

Considering the issues with the, P320, P230, MCX,MPX and even the finish on their legion line upon release, one should not be surprised if a new sig product has a major issue.

I just picked up a P320/M18 as a range toy, and time will tell if it could turn into a carry/home defense item.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sig steals a design from Q, releases it and it needs a recall.

Classic SIG, why people buy sig USA products baffles me.

If its not apparent to people that SIG uses end consumers as beta testers they'll never get it.

If you want a SIG cross, buy the real deal and get a Q Fix.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast