Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recall on SIG Cross bolt guns

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Ok, you all knock off the Sig bashing. Keep it on the topic of the gun itself. And, no I don't have one.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My Buddy brought this gun out to the ranch and tested a bunch of handloads and TAP168's, before sending back in to get warranty work done. In about 5 different loads, only one load shot 1.5 MOA, everything else was sub moa. It stacked them pretty good for a very light rifle. No issues with crazy firing and needless to stay, we were most careful.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I picked one up strictly out of curiosity.

Already have the recall work done. Not my first time being part of a Sig recall.

The button to fold/unfold the stock is not very intuitive, definitely takes some practice.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boosterboy View Post
    I picked one up strictly out of curiosity.

Already have the recall work done. Not my first time being part of a Sig recall.

The button to fold/unfold the stock is not very intuitive, definitely takes some practice.
    What's your honest assessment of the rifle?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    LOL Sig, do they ever release anything that isn't recalled? Between that and dropping support for "old" products is why I don't own their stuff anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, I'll have to sling some dope to pay for the Vudoo V22 as I said f it and picked up a Cross yesterday at the shop. The only real concern is the stock attachment, I'm sure that steel plate is stronger than it appears. I've been after a rifle like this for some time and I'm surprised we don't see more like it. Now to scope it!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Well, I'll have to sling some dope to pay for the Vudoo V22 as I said f it and picked up a Cross yesterday at the shop. The only real concern is the stock attachment, I'm sure that steel plate is stronger than it appears. I've been after a rifle like this for some time and I'm surprised we don't see more like it. Now to scope it!
    Mark, any range report yet? Despite the recall BS, I was pretty impressed with this rifle and could serve one well in a very light bolt gun role.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Not yet, I just mounted the NF SHV on it yesterday. I do hope to by next week though. I have some SB 140 FMJ on hand along with 2 powders and bullets, I might break into my war stash in which I thought was 300, now 800 of the old 140 AMAX load.

Going through it, the only complaint (not really) is the stock pad assembly, that steel is only 1/8" maybe. If someone has a long LOP, it would make me nervous. Other than that, it seems that if will fit the intent of the rifle.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Few quick picks, did the sight in and Sig recommended break in(yeah, yeah) Only shot some SB 140 FMJ, actually squeaked out a 5 shot 1" group with that mess and some old 120 amax load was .75. I just loaded some Hornady 140 BTHP with Staball, will see when I can. Not sure if the follower is a Cross specific one or a new feature overall with the Magpul AICS mags? No feed issue with either or the actual AI metal ones. Scope is a NF SHV 3.5-10, didn't want too much weight on it and it's the best I could think of. I am glad I went with the Leupold AR mount as it places the scope at the right height for me. No cycling issues, all feed, fired and ejected 100%.

Mark

GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I'm very intrigued by this Sig. Guys on the hide seem to be getting great results from theirs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast