Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It’s My Turn To Rant

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    That's one of them ghost guns! I know, I seen it on CNN. It's even got the shoulder thing that goes up!
    Yes, but is it fully semi-automatic?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I definitely get the bitching about non-FFL’s gouging. Take a look at the EE. We’ve got dudes selling (or trying to) uppers for more than the complete rifle they yanked them off of. There’s a freaking Glock 19 the dude wants $750 for in the EE. Thats nuts.

And there’s definitely dudes contributing to the ammo shortage. A buddy and I split up to scour our AO for shotshells to shoot a weekend of sporting clays, since most places here have a one box limit, and the prices vary greatly. He encountered a dude in Dick’s (I know) trying to load the entire stock of Federal #8 into a cart. When he said “excuse me, sir” and started grabbing boxes, the dude freaked out and started shoving armloads off the shelves. Same day, I encountered a dude at the Precision One storefront that walked in trying to buy them out of 556, mags, and 9mm. Not a gun guy; he was not aware that 223 could be fired in a 556 gun. I would guess he heard that he could profit by reselling. They were completely out, anyway.

I’ll trade anyone here a picture of a puppy and a Golden Corral coupon for a good source of CCI 41’s.....
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    You can certainly not like it, but that is a personal choice to buy / use / sell as you do.

I never buy anything firearm related to turn a profit, but I do buy in such a way that I can buy, use, and sell with minimal to no loss if I end up not liking a firearm / optic / accessory. So I look for the great deals, the lightly used, or the occasional fire sale.

I have no desire to sell anything during this craze, but if I did I would sell it for market value - meaning whatever the market will bear. No reason to sell for a 'fair' price only for the buyer to turn around and sell for a profit. Yes, you need an FFL to be in the business of buying and selling firearms, but a regular non-FFL person can sell a firearm for a profit. The guy who bought a Colt Python decades ago for $300 can sell it for $3000. The guy who bought a SCAR 16 for $1500 from a going of of business can sell it for $2500. The guy who bought a LNIB no lock S&W640 for $350 can sell it for $700. They guy who bought 5K of 22LR for $200 can sell all ten 500rd bricks for $100 each.

Doesn't mean you have to like it, but it's called free market.
    This ^
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    People without an FFL who buy with the intent of selling are dealing without a license. Now that we have that out of the way, why would anyone sell an item for any less than current market value, unless selling to a close friend or family member? That’s silly. I hate panic buying personally and just don’t do it. And I really dislike people purposely buying up available stock with the plan to sell it. Again, don’t deal without an FFL.

I feel for the new shooters and those who’s budget restricts them from stockpiling ammunition. Everyone else has had fair warning on multiple occasions that a storm is coming. If you failed to prepare, it’s no one’s fault but your own.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Maybe not sold to the public by Geissele, but there are no laws I'm aware of that prevent you from doing so. It is your property. Maybe it gets you on Geissele's shit-list or something, but how would they know?
    I like Geissele and all but they sold out for government contracts over civilian sales and now can’t sustain inventory. I’ve been waiting for a MK16 rail for a year now. I tend to think they’re on a bunch of consumer’s shit lists right now. I stopped checking their inventory and have moved on to other manufacturers for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robisten8 View Post
    I like Geissele and all but they sold out for government contracts over civilian sales and now can’t sustain inventory. I’ve been waiting for a MK16 rail for a year now. I tend to think they’re on a bunch of consumer’s shit lists right now. I stopped checking their inventory and have moved on to other manufacturers for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They seem to be able to keep up with the demand for Mk16 rails on complete rifles and uppers. I suspect that people wanting just the rail are getting bypassed in line, like those waiting at the counter for their hamburger at a joint with a drive-thru.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123