Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Please wake me up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyrott View Post
    I'm less worried about the average idiot's, I'm more concerned about the explosion of homeless meth heads in my AO. I live in a college town in the SW corner of Colorado and the city council has long been taken over by Californians who relocated during the 90's. we still don't have druggies crapping on the sidewalk but more than the occasionally needle showing up amongst the joint containers, I view this the same way as broken windows. Burglary along with people ransacking unlocked cars has been going up as well
    I know that area well - La Plata County, Colorado (Durango) and Fort Lewis (Fort Loser). The college is filled with trust fund kids from Boulder. I know it because back in the 1950's my dad bought some Animas River front property between Cedar Hill and Aztec. Still own it, but it's farm land I lease out.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I know that area well - La Plata County, Colorado (Durango) and Fort Lewis (Fort Loser). The college is filled with trust fund kids from Boulder. I know it because back in the 1950's my dad bought some Animas River front property between Cedar Hill and Aztec. Still own it, but it's farm land I lease out.
    I probably have looked at it many times if it's on the left as you head to Farmington. I worked at Ft. loser for 5 years, and yes quite a few are trusties as I call them ( none of them get the reference) I did meet a few kids who had their head on solid and it was good to meet them, but they never stayed more than 2 semesters before they went to a STEM specific school. since the commifornians took over it has become worrisome concerning Red Flag laws empowering every Karen to rat on people with out the consequences of having to face the accused in court, so getting in an idiot's face now has more consequences than getting punched in the face. plus the methheads almost never face felons in possession of a stolen firearm, it generally gets tossed for a solid burglary charge. then if it's yours you get to explain to new demonrat sheriff why it wasn't properly stored and a locked car or house is not sufficient. after that you get to decide if it's worth the cost of a lawyer to try to retrieve it from the Authorities. no longer a fan of Colorado or Durango, looking at moving closer to my last surviving adult relative in Tejas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyrott View Post
    I probably have looked at it many times if it's on the left as you head to Farmington. I worked at Ft. loser for 5 years, and yes quite a few are trusties as I call them ( none of them get the reference) I did meet a few kids who had their head on solid and it was good to meet them, but they never stayed more than 2 semesters before they went to a STEM specific school. since the commifornians took over it has become worrisome concerning Red Flag laws empowering every Karen to rat on people with out the consequences of having to face the accused in court, so getting in an idiot's face now has more consequences than getting punched in the face. plus the methheads almost never face felons in possession of a stolen firearm, it generally gets tossed for a solid burglary charge. then if it's yours you get to explain to new demonrat sheriff why it wasn't properly stored and a locked car or house is not sufficient. after that you get to decide if it's worth the cost of a lawyer to try to retrieve it from the Authorities. no longer a fan of Colorado or Durango, looking at moving closer to my last surviving adult relative in Tejas
    After you cross the bridge at Cedar Hill heading south to Aztec, that farmland is on your right and fronts the Animas River on the west bank. A lot of kids from San Juan County, New Mexico go to Fort Lewis College. Know some from the past, but in the past couple of decades, lots of stoned slackers floating up and down Main Avenue in Durango - deadlocks, knit hats, etc. I am in that area once a year or more. I buy hay from the Navajo Products Industries south of Farmington. My Navajo Wrangler's family comes from Teec Nos Pos, Arizona, west of Shiprock and a few miles from the NM/AZ border. He has lots of relatives in that area.

Just north of you and southeast from Silverton, I did a horseback trip with pack horses from Stony Pass to Lake City, Colorado one July when I was a teenager back in the 1970's. Rugged but beautiful Country.
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Until most people really push back on this overbearing...it will continue

I am glad that travel was good for Thanksgiving as people said FU to some of the governor orders and spent time with family.

The VT thing really is concerning...some parents up there really need to push back.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Until most people really push back on this overbearing...it will continue

I am glad that travel was good for Thanksgiving as people said FU to some of the governor orders and spent time with family.

The VT thing really is concerning...some parents up there really need to push back.
    That's interesting. I would have preferred people didn't travel.

Andy

Feedback Score
    We had 17 at our house yesterday, and that included my foreman and his family (residence also on the ranch) and family from an adjacent ranch. A Grand Time was had by one and all. I will await notification from the State of New Mexico on my violation.
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Told Kate Brown "**** you" and did our usual thing, pretty sure all will survive.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Told Kate Brown "**** you" and did our usual thing, pretty sure all will survive.
    We did the same

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    sadly my Thanksgiving was minus one with my uncle passing away in October. have spent the last week helping clean out his house in preparation for sale. really not in the mood to deal with anyone lecturing me about public health safety imposed on us by the Karen's. otherwise happy holidays to all in memory of HM3 William Marter Russell Corpsman USN

Feedback Score
    I think we have slipped through a hole in the space-time continuum and are now living an alternate time line.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast