Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please wake me up

Feedback Score
    Is there a system you could buy that will monitor cellphone traffic in your area? i.e. the nosey neighbor dropping a dime on you for "excessive" holiday guests, or uh, maybe in the future over hearing gunfire from your direction (assuming you live out in the sticks of course and could otherwise get away with it)? It'd be a damn shame if narcs got outed and paid back. Just sayin'......
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    The point is taken. The Northeast and Blue States are shitholes.

That said, we spend lotsa time talking about the Ten Amendments, Warren Burger style.
    Have you ever read the Constitution? Those old white guys made it pretty clear in the Preamble - it was collective, not individual.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
    https://www.senate.gov/civics/consti...nstitution.htm

Feedback Score
    ^ Dumbass

Feedback Score
    I hope it's not just me who hears the Schoolhouse Rock song in their head every time they read the Preamble...

Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    The point is taken. The Northeast and Blue States are shitholes.

That said, we spend lotsa time talking about the Ten Amendments, Warren Burger style.
    Have you ever read the Constitution? Those old white guys made it pretty clear in the Preamble - it was collective, not individual.

/???

The govt by definition is the bringing of people together, but ‘collective’ has a certain connotation in regards to govt. The key to the US was the inalienable rightsfor the individual. I feel that is one of the things yoni is concerned about.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Why would your neighbor see you with a weapon?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    4th of July...

New Years...

Eid...
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In another discussion some time ago I mentioned always parking in my garage and loading and unloading my cases inside and under concealment.
    I believe the term " Paranoia," was written..

Here's the thing about snitches, there are a lot of people who already have a sh#+ list of folks they plan on "SWATing." when the opportunity arises.
    So I'm guessing the PoPo ( If you love in a community that decides to cooperate) will spend the first two years kicking in the wrong doors.
    Fluster cuck to say the least.
    Last edited by Averageman; 11-25-20 at 23:32.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Why would your neighbor see you with a weapon?
    They wouldn't see me. But I have had roommates and friends who tended to transport firearms... loose. As in, I don't believe they owned a single gun case, so when they went shooting or came back from shooting, they would just sling their gun over their shoulder when moving it between their vehicle and the house.

When I was younger and dumber, I did clean a CZ Hammer Coach shotgun on the front porch, though. But I doubt anyone in that neighborhood has any idea where I live, now. And... Hammer Coach shotgun. Probably not a major concern for most hoplophobic people, compared to things like registered SBRs.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    They wouldn't see me. But I have had roommates and friends who tended to transport firearms... loose. As in, I don't believe they owned a single gun case, so when they went shooting or came back from shooting, they would just sling their gun over their shoulder when moving it between their vehicle and the house.

When I was younger and dumber, I did clean a CZ Hammer Coach shotgun on the front porch, though. But I doubt anyone in that neighborhood has any idea where I live, now. And... Hammer Coach shotgun. Probably not a major concern for most hoplophobic people, compared to things like registered SBRs.
    I remember when I used to do a lot of prairie dog hunting. We would clean our rifles on the tailgates in the parking lot.

One night we got a visit from the PD about somebody “with sniper rifles in the parking lot”. Some offended guest called the front desk who called the town police. The PD said we weren’t doing anything wrong but asked if we’d clean the rifles in the hotel rooms. We said we didn’t mind but cleaning solvent would get pushed out the muzzle and poof into the hotel room fabrics. That was that. Damnit, I miss those days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
    ― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast