Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf loaded ammunition vs primers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wolf loaded ammunition vs primers

Does anyone know why the sanctions that I've been told eliminated the supply of Wolf primers hasn't done the same to their loaded ammo? I just checked an online vendor and they still, in this market, have steel-cased 5.56 in stock. The fact that it's listed at $800/case not withstanding, they either had a warehouse the size of an Amazon distribution center full of it, or for some reason the sanctions ignore a much larger segment. Just curious really, knowing that the odds of anything good happening in the firearms industry for the near future are rather slim.

Feedback Score
    I can’t answer your question but this is an interesting read from Powder Valley and does reference Russian and other foreign primers.

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/why-...pply-shortage/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Cool

Wolf primers were made in Russia. But the Wolf branded ammo can be made in various countries/plants as I understand it from posts here on M4.

I feel like I need to put my primers in the gun safe and leave the guns out. (guns are easier to replace)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Mark, if I remember right, you always had really consistent results with low SD from Wolf primers.

Or have I cracked open the eggnog too early?

Feedback Score
    I’ve heard nothing about the Russian sanctions impacting the availability of Russian ammunition. Where did you hear this?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Remember when they imported the Bulgarian or was it Romania 75 round AK drums that just happened to be identical to the banned from import Chinese drums? I don't think sanctions mean that much when there is a buck to be made.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Remember when they imported the Bulgarian or was it Romania 75 round AK drums that just happened to be identical to the banned from import Chinese drums? I don't think sanctions mean that much when there is a buck to be made.
    Same exact thing is happening currently with plywood and the tariffs on the Chinese stuff.

I forget the exact percentage in this case but for a country to claim that a product is 'made' in their country - The reality is that only a particular 'percentage' has to be made there for them to be able to legally make that claim.

China still makes the plywood for the most part but to get around the tariffs they ship it to Vietnam to be 'finished' before it is sent here. Vietnam is only doing 15% of the manufacturing / finishing on that plywood product that they got from China but that tiny percentage of 'work' they did to it satisfies the legal requirement for them to be able to stamp 'made in Vietnam' on the side of it thus avoiding the tariffs that would otherwise be imposed on Chinese goods.

At the end of the day it is STILL a piece of Chinese plywood. Only difference is that the cost is a tiny bit higher because it passed through Vietnam on it way here vs the cost being a good deal higher if coming straight here directly from China and getting hit with the tariff on 'Chinese' goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Mark, if I remember right, you always had really consistent results with low SD from Wolf primers.

Or have I cracked open the eggnog too early?
    Have heard the same on other larger reloading forums from guys that measure that sort of stuff.

Those guys seem to like them...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Have heard the same on other larger reloading forums from guys that measure that sort of stuff.

Those guys seem to like them...
    Yeah I can remember years ago when they were first imported competition shooter David Tubb tested them and immediately turned around and bought a pallet of them.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If it is anything like the surplus arms, the Russian made goods have to be held in one of the satellite countries for like 5 or more years before they can be imported into the US. Unless it has been restricted by name like the Dragonovs and now Saigas.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast