Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolf loaded ammunition vs primers

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Mark, if I remember right, you always had really consistent results with low SD from Wolf primers.

Or have I cracked open the eggnog too early?
    Absolutely right. I remember buying them originally due to the cheap price, and trying to load them for 9mm ammo. I had no idea they were amazing rifle primers until a year or two later.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Absolutely right. I remember buying them originally due to the cheap price, and trying to load them for 9mm ammo. I had no idea they were amazing rifle primers until a year or two later.
    And we tried to substitute CCI for our 77grain load and it opened up our groups by .5MOA. We discovered after loading a few hundred rounds and we thought, we should check these. Im not busting on CCI, just for our load, not as good.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Yea no kidding ! markm did you get in on the $14.95 per 1K for primers,I know I bought like 20K mostly SPP and some SRP,,like everything else,,wish I had bought more,LOL !! I still have 1 or 2 K of SRP,I actually loaded up about 3K 5.56 last month and used the Wolf primers on them. Ah,,those were the days !!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think we have a modest 30K in wolf primers. So we bought as much as we could stomach not knowing it would ever end. But they were cheap. I think $10 to $15 per 1,000 primers. But they are gone gone gone now. To never return I'm afraid to say. We now hoard them like misers.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I think we have a modest 30K in wolf primers. So we bought as much as we could stomach not knowing it would ever end. But they were cheap. I think $10 to $15 per 1,000 primers. But they are gone gone gone now. To never return I'm afraid to say. We now hoard them like misers.

PB
    If I remember correctly https://www.wideners.com/ was the only place that I bought them from, maybe others had them but I can't recall ! I just remember seeing them for $14.95 & I immediately called my buddy and said we need to put a order together NOW !!! Because I was the guy initiating it I had control of the order,LOL so I did get 20K mixed of the Wolf,,we ended up getting 50K of just primers on 1 Hazmat !!! We always went back and forth, if one of my buds decided to put a order together then they always had 1st pick and got as much as they wanted 1st and others got what room there was left,LOL I know I still have a full sleeve (5K of Tula) but have to check on what they are,,I think LPP. I have used Tula LRP in some of my precision loads and they work good also.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I don't know this LRP VS LPP VS we just bought Wolf Small Magnum Rifle primers. What is this other mean re wolf.

PB

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I don't know this LRP VS LPP VS we just bought Wolf Small Magnum Rifle primers. What is this other mean re wolf.

PB
    I really didn't know about how good the Wolf Mag SRP were till it was to late, actually after I joined M4 in 2010 I think these were before that but can't remember. I basically bought what I shot mostly and that was pistol. We did do 3 Gun and some long range but really didn't have a good place till just a few years ago and then we only have 600yrds ! What's interesting now is out of all my choices for primers & this is for large rifle I find that Winchester Reg primers work the best for me out of my one rifle. I have Tula, CCI BR, Fed NM and reg CCI,,the Winnys always win out.

Hey papabear,I'm not sure what you mean,LOL,sorry man. (What is this other mean re wolf)

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thanks Mark and PB. I thought that was the case, I wanted to confirm.

I think a buddy has some stashed. In this new barter economy, we'll likely do some trading. I have some other components he can use.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    If I remember correctly https://www.wideners.com/ was the only place that I bought them from
    That is where we got them. Best component purchase I ever made.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    That is where we got them. Best component purchase I ever made.
    Yeah, Wideners used to be a great place before they got bought out. I scored some great deals on pulled projectiles and milsurp powders there for cheap range chow.

A buddy would load them for me, and I'd trade him steak and booze for the work.

Ah, the good old days....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast