Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolf loaded ammunition vs primers

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I still have about 3k Tula SR and 4.5k Wolf SRM. Markm's advise on these was right on, and I only use them for precision loads. I got lucky, though. After trying some, I went to stock up, and they were forever OOS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Wolf primers were made in Russia. But the Wolf branded ammo can be made in various countries/plants as I understand it from posts here on M4.

I feel like I need to put my primers in the gun safe and leave the guns out. (guns are easier to replace)
    Wolf brand is a US, California, based company owned by SSI. Sports Something International. The ammo is made by several Russian factories.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Wolf isn't even all Russian made. I have some 7.62x39 that was made in Ukraine and have seen 223Rem that was made in Tiawan.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The box of SRPs I just checked did say 'Made in Russia". I'm not certain where I'd heard the lack of availability was due to sanctions, I think it was AccurateShooter. I asked what was going on when they started to disappear a few years ago, someone posted the sanctions as the reason. Correct or not, I don't know. It was on AS a few years prior to that, that they had an article by German Salazar reviewing primers. I believe his research showed the Tula primers at or near top of the list for consistency.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjoliat View Post
    The box of SRPs I just checked did say 'Made in Russia".
    What's the date on the box/individual packets? The article posted here somewhere echoed the idea that these haven't been imported since around 2008-2010.

None of mine fall out of the 2009 production date range.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are two sets of numbers:
    30-13 and 14-142

I have some LRPs with 18-13 and 34-305. They were all bought at the same time (2015ish), not sure if that indicates a 2013 manufacturing date, or just how to interpret those numbers?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Interesting. My 09s are clearly dated on the individual and the 5k sleeves. I never did get to play with LRPs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think I'm down to three sleeves or I'd send you some primed brass to play with. The LRPs were great in my .308, I have a load for Juggernauts with AR-Comp that would give SDs between 2 and 4. I hope they come back one day...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We did try a batch of Palma 308. The WOLF SRMs didn't have enough umph for the loads. I think I moved to WIN small rifle with good results in SD, but the velocity was like 60 fps slower for the exact same charge.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Wolf isn't even all Russian made. I have some 7.62x39 that was made in Ukraine and have seen 223Rem that was made in Tiawan.
    The way I understand Wolf is that it's essentially a holding company. When they want ammo, they go source it from whoever produces the round they are looking for at the price point etc...they are willing to pay. That could be Barnaul, Vympel, Tula, some plant in Hungary or Taiwan etc....Doesn't matter to them, they slap their "branding" on the package and ship it out to distributors as "Wolf". Kinda like the people who talk about what a great rifle or shotgun etc... Browning makes- Browning doesn't make SHIT! Browning has a filing cabinet with patents in it. Miroku MAKES rifles, FN- MAKES pistols etc...to Browning patent specs....
    Last edited by Esq.; 12-22-20 at 12:51.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast