Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd AR. 14.5 FSB Carbine vs midlength

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    MCMR all the way. You'll appreciate the ergonomics. There's a reason plenty of people have swapped to mlok from quad rails.
    done and ordered. thanks for the help as always guys

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jec1521 View Post
    done and ordered. thanks for the help as always guys
    Great job, way to be awesome!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you do go with a 14.5" carbine length upper assembly, here is an idea for you. I used the Centurion Arms C4 M-LOK with FSP cut-out on this one.

Note: You may want to use a H1 or H2 buffer depending on how much you want to tame the cycling rate. I have a Spikes Tactical ST-T2 buffer in mine and it works very well.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

Of course, you are going to have to pin the muzzle device, if you are willing to spend more than what the extended BCM A2 will cost, I'd go with one of these:

https://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPFH-556L - my JP has a 'ping' to it, not really bothersome; really easy to pin and weld as it has a shroud which foes over the barrel, so you aren't drill into the thinnner threaded portion of the barrel - also bring's a 13.7" to 16.1" once installed.

http://www.smithenterprise.com/products06.05.html - the vortex rings like a tuning fork which bugs some folks
    My Blackout FH (which is p/w) rings quite a bit when you close the bolt (or tap on it), but I don't remember hearing it when I'm shooting.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 11-27-20 at 09:04.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    If you do go with a 14.5" carbine length upper assembly, here is an idea for you. I used the Centurion Arms C4 M-LOK with FSP cut-out on this one.

I have coming and am looking forward to installing Centurion's C4 on my BCM 14.5" LW FSP mid-length.
    https://centurionarms.com/c4-m-lok-rail-mid-cut/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    My Blackout FH (which is p/w) rings quite a bit when you close the bolt (or tap on it), but I don't remember hearing it when I'm shooting.

Andy
    If I recall correctly (getting old, so that isn't exactly a guarantee of anything) I think I DID hear the ringing after shooting but it was barely noticeable, and only if you were really listening for it. Not an issue in the grand scheme of things.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I have coming and am looking forward to installing Centurion's C4 on my BCM 14.5" LW FSP mid-length.
    https://centurionarms.com/c4-m-lok-rail-mid-cut/
    That is an awesome rail. I would get it if I could get an upper from BCM with no rail on it. I already ordered the BCM 14.5 LW Mid with the MCMR9 instead of the quad rail. I love the look of the quad rail but was afraid of having a heavier rifle and figured the MCMR would give me a cool carbine to run.

Here is what I ordered. I dont know if I have seen this combo much around m4c

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-stan...r-9-handguard/
    Last edited by jec1521; 11-29-20 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    Got my new upper in today. BCM LW Barrel with FSB and MCMR 9 inch rail. The Lightweight barrel really makes such a bigger difference than I anticipated when compared to my govt profile barrel on my other upper. Now I see BCM has a ELW Fluted upper with MCMR. Deciding if it is worth it to sell my other upper and replace it with a MCMR 13 LW upper form BCM. Either way, I love getting a package from BCM.

exclude duplicates
    Last edited by jec1521; 12-04-20 at 02:17.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Very nice! Even as a "basic" set up, it'll do a great job fulfilling your point-and-click needs via red dot sight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Very nice! Even as a "basic" set up, it'll do a great job fulfilling your point-and-click needs via red dot sight.
    Yes trying to keep it simple. Now have to figure out if I want to get another red dot or maybe an lpvo for my other 14.5 bcm mid.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast