Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

Feedback Score

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving people.

I want every American to think about this... 400 years ago today, the Pilgrims had only been here about 2 weeks. They were still wandering around New England looking for a spot to built their settlement, and winter was fast approaching. Half of them wouldn't make it to the first Thanksgiving the following year...

Even with all the problem we face today, we have a lot to be thankful for.

Have a good day, and may God bless these United States of America. (for as long as she lasts)
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Happy Thanksgiving!!! We still have plenty to be thankful for.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I too am thankful for the United States. By far we have the best gig going of all nations worldwide. And this good gig is worth protecting and preserving, not fundamentally transforming. You don't change or transform something you love.

Keep in mind that the Pilgrim experience in the Plymouth Colony is only part of the story. At the same time these English Puritans were setting up shop in Massachusetts, out here in the wilds of the Rio Grande Valley of New Mexico, Spanish colonists had already settled and were building mission churches and small communities. My male ancestor came from Castille Spain in 1620, arriving in what became Mexico. He was a mounted soldier who then came up the El Camino Real (King's Highway) as part of a re-supply expedition the Spring of 1622, remaining here permanently, marrying and beginning a family, now in existence for 12 generations.

My family were subjects of Spain and Mexico until August 18, 1846 when General Stephen Watts Kearny rode into the Plaza of Santa Fe. By that time, New Mexico was a colony unto itself with its own flag, and own militia - separate in governance and military from Mexico. My family readily accepted this because we had constant dealings with Americans along the Santa Fe Trail for many years before, and American dollars were common here.

We always use the slogan: "We didn't come to America - America came to Us".
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Thankful for so much this year. I have more than I deserve. Married my dream woman this year. So despite all the COVID shit, this still has been the best year of my life. Many, many people have it far worse than me and for that I am extremely humble and grateful.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Thankful for so much this year. I have more than I deserve. Married my dream woman this year. So despite all the COVID shit, this still has been the best year of my life. Many, many people have it far worse than me and for that I am extremely humble and grateful.
    Congratulations for you and your Bride. Wishing you both many, many years. I've been married over 40 years. Rule of thumb, keep it simple and avoid all the outside influences. Focus on her and any children you are blessed with.

Unlike some who believe America was founded on the concept of the Collective, America was founded on the Individual, and your Rights from a Higher Power. If you don't believe in a Higher Power, you still have those Rights. This is the key concept we have to protect and not allow to be eroded.
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yes.
    On some bizarre level I am somehow at peace and able to enjoy "the moment" lately.
    Perhaps the reality that "the End" is just around the corner helps.

A most Happy Thanksgiving to us all.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Happy Turkey Day, folks.

Though I'm going non-traditional with steak and shrimp today. Surf and Turf never hurt a soul on Thanksgiving.

Also...

Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Our official Thanksgiving photo, from the crew at La Cinta Creek Cattle Company, Black Mesa Ranch - Roy, New Mexico:

NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Happy Thanksgiving to all ! I agree the USA is the "Greatest" & we are lucky to have been born & live here ! Times are tough but most will just work through it and move on. Life is full of disappointments trials & tribulations but it just always seems to work out. Like I say every door that closes for you another one opens, take it move on and see what comes of it all ! Its been a disappointing last few weeks but we will & can survive, one day at a time. God Bless everyone & the USA & have a great day !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast