Thread: S&W 31-1 opinions

Feedback Score

S&W 31-1 opinions

I've got an old 31-1 .32 long revolver that belonged to my father. It's in really nice condition. I just can't manage to really find any interest in it. I don't have any connections with my pops around it and frankly I don't have any fondness for the pistol or the caliber.

I have considered taking advantage of the current market to sell it. I have held on to it for years, largely because I figured there probably wasn't a market for it. Only up side I know of for it is that ammo is available, (probably because nobody needs it).

Am I missing something on this little guy?
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    To be honest, if you don't have a use for it and no connection to it I'd sell it and buy something you can use. You'll have to find the right buyer because it won't appeal to everyone but if the right person comes along and old school, "classic" S&W should sell for a nice price to the right person. That thing was made back when S&W's bluing and workmanship was second to none.

The Model 31's used the tiny "I" frame and are really great carry guns for the size-and-recoil challenged out there. If that doesn't apply to you or someone in your life, and having such a gun just for itself isn't your thing, sell it and buy something that appeals to you.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 11-27-20 at 21:21.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Go on GunBroker and check sold listings. That will give you an idea of price and condition. None boogered classic Smiths are going up in price

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    The Model 31's used the tiny "I" frame and are really great carry guns for the size-and-recoil challenged out there. If that doesn't apply to you or someone in your life, and having such a gun just for itself isn't your thing, sell it and buy something that appeals to you.
    Depends on year of production, 1961 and later would be on the J-frame.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!