Thread: Mandatory vaccination

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There’s a lot of misinformation out there, and this is a long thread. But I’ll chime in.

I’ve been in the thick of the Covid Pandemic/Crisis as a ICU/PCU nurse and now administering COVID vaccines in my state.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    I'm surprised the syringes and individual bottles of vaccine don't already have RFID tracking. For something like this, RFID for tracking where stuff goes is important. Also, if a batch of vaccine was later found to be bad, figuring out who got it and where it came from would be much easier.

For the "tin foil hat" conspiracy theorists, put your cellphone down and walk away from it, your tablet, laptop, MP3 player, etc. as a start. Invasive advertising on social media and through computer and cellphone apps is orders of magnitude more invasive than an RFID tag on shoes, pants, etc.
    No need to RFID vaccines. That’s pointless and unnecessary at this point. All vaccines that are sent to vaccination sites (clinics, hospitals, etc) are already recorded before we even draw them and give to a person. Each person getting it is put in the system so we know who, and where you live.

And as said , they can track you with your cellphone already (among other things).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    Apiject did indeed get a government contract to provide over 100 million prefilled syringes for $139 million. It only makes sense to have the vaccine ready to be injected.
    The contract announcement doesn’t mention anything about RFID chips, but the cost for the entire prepared syringe is only about a dollar so the chip would be pretty inexpensive. If they were an option it would have been for inventory logging and logging of the doses up to the time of injection. An RFID chip uses near field technology, meaning that it cannot even be detected from any distance, and all it does is store preprogrammed data such as a born on date and a serial number. The reader, such as a smart phone with a gps used by a vaccinator, would read the chip, log that it had been used and where. The chip (if the option were purchased) would remain part of the syringe and would be disposed of with the syringe. The chip performs the same function as a bar code or serial number.

Extrapolating from the original article that the chip goes into the arm and is somehow used to track your every move is unrealistic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Prefilled syringes are not optimal for mass vaccinations like for COVID. For other immunizations or medicines such as Flu shot or Lovenox, prefilled vaccines are used. I routinely give those at the hospital also. We are currently giving Moderna, but Phizer is also given; it all depends on the supply and vaccination site.

The liquid vaccines are sent in small vials (10vials per carton) stored in freezers then sent to us to thaw out then draw up at the vaccination site before it is given. Vaccines are tracked using Lot numbers. Anyone who gets the vaccine has the lot #recorded so it’s easy to track which vaccine you got and where etc.

There’s a lot more detail I won’t disclose, but there is even more misinformation and conspiracy theory going around. Even as ridiculous as people saying that the vaccine contains HUMAN body parts( how ridiculous is that??)

All I’ll say is that be careful where you hear or read/watch your info.
    Last edited by JusticeM4; 01-25-21 at 21:07.